Menu
RapsUK
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Removal Of Additional Accounts

Hi, can I get a little help, please?.

I have four additional email user names linked to my email address, the question is how do I remove one of the email addresses from that account. It is no longer needed and I'm still getting mail from the account.

I hope this question makes sense to someone.

Many thanks

Paul

Im not saying im the best but im in the top one
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Removal Of Additional Accounts

Provided it is a secondary account rather than an alias then you should be able to delete it from your Primary My Virgin Media account.

Log in with your primary username and password and go to My Profile/Manage Accounts.  Select change next to the secondary account concerned and then click on delete account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
RapsUK
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I believe its an alias on my account, I'm gathering I'm going to be stuck with it?
0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If it is a blueyonder (BY) address then there is a possibility it is an alias.  The ability to self-manage aliases was removed sometime ago. In principle it is possible for VM IT to remove them but the results can be catastrophic for the primary address they are linked to.  I would advise you to leave well alone. Just don't check the address if you don't need it or care what is being sent to it - which must the case as you have asked for it to be deleted.

In BY alias address use the same mail box and password as the primary account they are linked to. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Consider creating a webmail filter rule to manage the alias email address you no longer wish to see.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

RapsUK
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks, HowardML it is indeed a BY account to which there are four alias names attached. I cannot risk VM IT screwing things up so I guess I will leave things alone.
Thank you
Paul