cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reject action - what does it actually do?

JaggedHero
Tuning in

Title says it all. I couldn't find any descriptions of what the various email filter actions do. What exactly does the reject action do?

Does it bounce the email as though your email address was invalid? If not, is it possible to do that for chosen senders?

cheers

Jagged

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, it does not bounce the message as though the email address was invalid and nor is there a way to do so any more.

Out of curiosity, what type of emails were you hoping to deal with by making it appear as though the email address was invalid?

FYI Reject with reason action does the following:

• sends reply from postmaster with signage that message was rejected with a user specified reason (as highlighted below); original message subject was Reject action test
    _0-1689870810549.jpeg

• permanently deletes message

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click

_1-1689870810580.jpeg

Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use 

_2-1689870810711.jpeg

Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JaggedHero 

Welcome to the community forums

You can blacklist chosen emails if you wish to on your Virgin Media email service. 

Simply select the email from the email address you wish to blacklist > select the Action icon > then Blacklist sender > Blacklist to confirm

You can find more information on black listing and stopping spam email here if needed.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, it does not bounce the message as though the email address was invalid and nor is there a way to do so any more.

Out of curiosity, what type of emails were you hoping to deal with by making it appear as though the email address was invalid?

FYI Reject with reason action does the following:

• sends reply from postmaster with signage that message was rejected with a user specified reason (as highlighted below); original message subject was Reject action test
    _0-1689870810549.jpeg

• permanently deletes message

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click

_1-1689870810580.jpeg

Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use 

_2-1689870810711.jpeg

Kudos to say thanks

I wanted to bounce emails from an individual that gets stupidly argumentative at anything I say. So would rather not receive their emails and pretend I don't exist to them.

Hi @JaggedHero thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately there isn't a way to do this exactly, but you can add the email user to your blacklist and this will enable the email to go directly in your spam folder, hopefully minimising the impact these emails are having.

We hope this helps.

Many thanks

Tom_W

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sorry to read that. Please consider following @Carley_S earlier advice to block them by select Add sender to Blocklist as highlighted below; be aware this option does not block but instead moves the message to your Spam folder:
2023-07-20.jpeg
Should you wish to not see message from this sender anywhere then create a filter rule similar to the following:
2023-07-20-b.jpeg