cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering email address not shown in full

StressedRandR
Joining in

I am here because there is literally no where else I can go, virgin media have forced a situation of complete impossibility of leaving or discussing plans while also losing a phone number that's existed and used since 1974 through complete incompetence.

The phone support cannot help me and I've been directed to use web chat, this of course needs to login to virgin media, this is an elderly couple, I have date of birth, I have account number, but for reasons I cannot fathom, when I try to log in with their only existing email address, the email address it displays that's assigned by virgin media misses every other character, I DO NOT KNOW THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.

What's making matters worse is trying to recover this unknown email address completely fails, the date of birth of both grandparents has been used, the account number has not changed for years on end, but it refuses to work to recover email address, presumably a mistake in the date of birth which is impossible to guess.

I seriously need to get this corrected as I can't even use web chat to talk to someone, my grandmother has spent over £40 in talk credit just trying to talk to virgin, I myself have spent several days on the phone on their behalf multiple hours at a time and as the phone number has changed with no warning- they have lost all contact from doctors, friends and relatives, causing an incredible amount of stress.

I am in two minds to go to the press that's currently running stories on how hard virgin media are making things, I'm trying to do it as they require but getting absolutely nowhere.

Is there anyone here from virgin team that can help tell me what this email address is? Why would it not have another way of recovering? It's madness.

3 REPLIES 3

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @StressedRandR 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're really sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had and that you feel this way 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. 

Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner. If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

Thanks Daniel, I've been on the phone again and managed to get a support rep change the email used for login and now have access, now have the waiting game for live support to talk about the package.

Hi @StressedRandR, no problem at all 😀

We're glad to hear you now have access. 

Regarding your package, we'd suggest contacting the customer relations team on 0345 454 1111 (Option one, then four, then four), or 150 from a Virgin Media landline or Virgin Mobile. 

Regards,
Daniel