cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering account - date of birth wrong

BenB1231
Joining in

Hi all. I’m looking to recover a VERY old email of mine due to an old account for a service I have uses it and I can’t access the account without it, and it seems like my date of birth isn’t valid when inputting it. I can only remember the name of the email and that’s about it. Is there anyway for me to recover the account? 

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BenB1231 wrote:

I’m looking to recover a VERY old email of mine

Is that email account still linked to a live Virgin Media Broadband account and is that broadband account in your name?

The thing is that the Terms and Conditions of VM broadband accounts say that 90 days after a broadband account is closed VM will delete all the email accounts linked to it. 

You stress that it is "a VERY old " account. So perhaps it is a Virgin.net address which was not issued as part of fibre broadband account?

The original Virgin.net Dial up closed in 2013 and all the email accounts should have closed automatically after 180 days because it was required to dial in at least once every 180 days to keep the account open.
The Virgin.net ADSL (non fibre) broadband services was sold off to TalkTalk in 2014 and unless those email accounts were moved over to Virgin's fibre broadband service they should all have been deleted years ago.

So, unless your email account is linked to a live VM broadband account it is highly unlikely that the email account even exists.

In some cases, VM seem to just remove access to th e webmail account but still leave the mailbox itself still open. However, even in those cases, VM staff are unable to reactivate the email account if the broadband account was closed a long time ago.

Also, VM stopped issuing new email accounts aver a year ago so it is definitely not possible to set up a new email account with the old address.

One of the Forum Team (VM staff) will be contacting you via this thread in the next day or so and will give you a formal response.

If you are currently a VM broadband customer they should be able to check the status of the account. Sadly though, if you are not a VM broadband customer there is not a lot they can do.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey BenB1231,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email account at the moment. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L