cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Spam increase

magsmoff
On our wavelength

SInce VM has changed the settings in webmail, I currently have over 230 spam emails for August alone. These are mainly from info.eu addresses. Can someone explain why this is happening and when it will be fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

in webmail:

• confirm ⚙ > ▸ E-mail > SPAM Settings > Move message to Spam folder selected
  • create the following filter rule:
    2022-08-04.jpeg

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

in webmail:

• confirm ⚙ > ▸ E-mail > SPAM Settings > Move message to Spam folder selected
  • create the following filter rule:
    2022-08-04.jpeg

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there magsmoff,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Can I ask is the email address a Virgin Media one? 

Also has the settings @用心棒 advised helped with this at all?

Thanks,

Kain

magsmoff
On our wavelength

Hi, I haven't had the chance to try the previous method as yet. However, I was hoping that this issue would be addressed by a someone from Virgin Media as the issue has been raised in other posts.

No my email is a blueyonder one.

Thanks, Mags

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

If you could follow the advise above as this is the information we would provide in the first instance. If after that it is still the same - please let us know. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Thank you for your help. Sorry it's taken me a while to post a reply, I haven't had any spam from eu addresses since applying the above fix.
Many thanks,
Mags

Thank you for your help. Sorry it's taken me a while to post a reply, I haven't had any spam from eu addresses since applying the above fix.
Many thanks,
Mags

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @magsmoff

Thank you for your reply!

Great to hear you've had no further spam, I hope you have a great day and be sure to keep us updated if this does change.

Thanks for your time

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

magsmoff
On our wavelength

Hi Travis,

Thanks, I certainly have not had any with the .eu address, just the usual lot of junk spam.

Regards,

Mags.

Glad to hear the advice has resolved the issue for you magsmoff, if you need us again in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Rob