Menu
lestouzieaux
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin.net email account

I have been having issues receiving e-mail, the sender is local government and they have given me the following information as to why e-mails are not being received;

"Your mail server is comparing a single DNS entry against a round-robin pair which is why this will fail 50% of the time, every time mail is sent to you.

[REMOVED]host mx.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net[REMOVED]
    refused to talk to me: 421 EHLO MXIN201 Your HELO/EHLO mailhub01.gov.je is
    not matching your DNS configuration mailhub.gov.je
    ;id=stM3j75UfWGN8;sid=stM3j75UfWGN8;mta=mx5.tb;d=20200707;t=213411[CET];ipsrc=[REMOVED];  "

Please can someone more technical than me take a look and confirm back.

Many thanks

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Please edit your post to remove your PERSONAL email details - you are now inviting spam to your mailbox.  I have asked the moderators to edit if you don't get back within 30 minutes.

Also, you have posted on a completely unrelated thread.  Don't do that.  It is against forum rules, but also - why would you hijack another thread with something not even a bit similar, why?

Someone who can explain what VM's incoming mail policies are will attend this thread when time permits.  Best wishes.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

The email server that is sending the email isn't configured correctly the key is "Your HELO/EHLO mailhub01.gov.je is not matching your DNS configuration mailhub.gov.je" this needs to be corrected on the companies email server and there is nothing that VM can do about it, you need to get back into them to correct this.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks