cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: virgin.net Email account has been hacked

Lulifel
Joining in

My virgin.net email has also been hacked. I download emails from that email address on a daily basis so it's not been locked, and noticed that on Wednesday 10th May 2023 that there were a large number of undelivered spam emails. I don't know how I can access the mailbox directly on the web to be able to change the password/block spammers/ anything.

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Lulifel 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Please do make your own thread in the future 🙂 we've moved it this time for you.

I am sorry to hear of the email issue. Have you followed the advise listed here to sort this out?

If so and not sorted, is the email in question, listed on an active Virgin Media account? If not, we may only be able to request that IT delete it for you.

Keep me posted.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @John_GS

Thank you for your reply. I shall try the steps in the link you gave me but as it is not an active virgin media account they may not work. 

I have used this email for years so it may end up having to be deleted. I shall keep you posted.

Thanks 😉

Hi Lulifel,

Thanks for getting back to us. The majority of these precautions would still be relevant, despite not being an active customer with us.

I will pop you over a private message so I can look into this further with you.

Thanks 

Beth