Menu
MWYD
Joining in
Message 1 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: ntlworld email not working

Kath,

I've got exactly the same problem. I haven't been able to access my ntlworld emails via webmain since about 27th April.

I can logon to my Virginmedia account but selecting the "email" tab brings up the Unavailable page the Poster Sue mentions.

I've phoned support - it's a long wait. They told me to use a different account name, ("initial.surnamexxxx@ntlworld.com", where xxxx is a 4-digit number). That's not my original account name not the email address I use.

They also reset the password. I still couldn't logon. 

I've phoned the helpline since but no joy. I was told 4 days ago a ticket was raised with IT but it's not solved.

Max

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi @MWYD,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear you are also having this issue. 

Will pop you a PM now so we can complete security and I will be more than happy to get this sorted for you 🙂 

Hope to hear from you soon.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for providing the details as requested via PM Max.

I have located the account now and can see an IT ticket has already been raised regarding this, yes.

The ticket number is P010548968 and it is still currently being worked on. 

It can take 5-7 working days. 

Feel free to pop back on here for an update. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

MWYD
Joining in
Message 4 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for the prompt replies Ayisha.
Hopefully we can deal with any issues via this forum so that I can make sure things are working again for the customer.

Martin on behalf of Max.

0 Kudos
Cigarshaped
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Our family have exactly the same issue with logging onto ntlworld.com email accounts. We are totally locked out. The IT guys say they wil sort and nothing happens. My daughter is in desperate straits as she has an i-Phone 4 and that contains all her email addresses, and emails going back several years. We cannot rebuild the entire account, even on a PC. She is emigrating to Samsung Android with great difficulty!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cigarshaped,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, I was unable to locate a account so wasn't able to check things our end.

I will be happy to help further however to do so I will have to invite you into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

MWYD
Joining in
Message 7 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hello Forum Team. How is Ticket P010548968  going on?
I think it was raised a week ago, although the issue has been ongoing for longer.

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi MWYD,

Thanks for getting in touch. I've just checked the IT ticket for you now, and I can see that this is still with our IT team. I do apologise for the time that this is taking, thank you for your patience. Our team will try to get this issue resolved for you as soon as possible, please continue to check for updates via the Forum, and we can escalate if necessary.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
MWYD
Joining in
Message 9 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hello Forum Team,

About a week ago on behalf of the account-holder I spoke to a lady at the VM call-centre explaining what the issue is. She seemed to understand and said she'd raised a ticket to deal with it.

The account holder received a call today from VM in connection with ticket P010548968. The VM caller talked about a home visit from an engineer in order to resolve the issue.

A visit from an engineer is obviously not required. The problem is a fault concerning the VM mail-server(s) and the account-holder's @ntlworld.com email account.
(It seems that other ntlworld.com email addresses have suffered a similar problem according to this forum.)

This is the issue:

Forum Team: could you please intervene and make sure the ticket addresses the real problem which is that the email account is shown as unavailable and so cannot be accessed. A visit by an engineer is not required.

Thank you.

Martin on behalf of the account holder D.M.W.

0 Kudos
Cigarshaped
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to MWYD for making this very common problem clearer. It is a major problem for many people who have multiple bank accounts, etc using an email address as security, that no longer exists as far as the wider world can see! It is an utter disgrace if VM is failing to keep its product intact!

0 Kudos