Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: ntlworld.com email hacked

Hello,

I have read the entire 3 pages of this post and the content directly reflects my experience/problem.

Overview

Family is an old NTL customer and we all had ntlword.com accounts created.

I last really used my NTLWorld account actively in 2007, before moving over to Googlemail; my Facebook was associated with my old ntlworld.com account and I forgot to change this.

I first was alerted to my [REMOVED]  being compromised  on 3rd Sept, when someone successfully changed my Facebook password and subsequently rendered my account disabled due to breach of content policy, something not in my character, i barely post anything on FB.

I have now witnessed the creation of the following accounts in my name: Humble Bundle (online games site), DoorDash (a US food delivery service), some Russian site, a myMail account, choice HOME warranty (looks like some US home insurance site and finally a somewhat more concerning account, Robinhood.com (some financial site).

I have logged a report with ActionFraud, but just like the original poster, I now need to delete the old NTLWorld account.

Any help is appreciated.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Daniel

I have read your post and I fully appreciate your situation and how worried you must be. My ntl email was hacked and the hacker changed passwords on lots of online accounts! I suggest you contact the people who helped me delete the orphaned account. I did also finally speak to a technician at virgin - And he was also in the process of deleting the email account. This did however take lots of phone calls, as the front line people answering the phones did not understand the problem.

Regards

T-Man.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi danielf-h,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry that your email has been used for these kinds of things. Don't worry, I can have this deleted for you.

I'll pop you a message now so I can get the details I need.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I have read the entire 3 pages of this post and the content directly reflects my experience/problem.

Overview

Family is an old NTL customer and we all had ntlword.com accounts created.

I last really used my NTLWorld account actively in 2007, before moving over to Googlemail; my Facebook was associated with my old ntlworld.com account and I forgot to change this.

I first was alerted to my [Removed] being compromised  on 3rd Sept, when someone successfully changed my Facebook password and subsequently rendered my account disabled due to breach of content policy, something not in my character, i barely post anything on FB.

I have now witnessed the creation of the following accounts in my name: Humble Bundle (online games site), DoorDash (a US food delivery service), some Russian site, a myMail account, choice HOME warranty (looks like some US home insurance site and finally a somewhat more concerning account, Robinhood.com (some financial site).

I have logged a report with ActionFraud, but just like the original poster, I now need to delete the old NTLWorld account.

Any help is appreciated.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos