cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: mailbox unavailable

macansha
Joining in

Hi there folks

I am experiencing this problem also on my Ntlworld email account.

It started last night about 11.45pm and is still not working.

I cant access my mail on any of my pc's or mobile phones (Windows Mail, Gmail or Thunderbird)

I can access Virgin Media but when I try to view my email it says "mailbox unavailable"

When I go via Windows Mail program on my pc it comes up "Logon to pop.ntlworld.com" and requests the login and password which has been the same for over 20 years but does not accept it.

I see the instructions provided earlier about resetting the password but I am unsure if I should follow those.

Please help as I fly out tomorrow and dont want to be without my main email capabilities. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@macansha  Yes, you should definitely follow the password change procedure in the fist instance to get your email account unlocked: 

Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-email/ 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@macansha  Yes, you should definitely follow the password change procedure in the fist instance to get your email account unlocked: 

Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-email/ 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Graham, will try that out.

Thanks again, that seemed to sort it out but had to change the "pop" settings to imap.

I now have my regular email and my gmails all showing together in the same gmail program on my mobile.

I can live with that for the moment. 

Hi macansha,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, glad to hear you have been able to resolve your Email issue with the help of our community, if you do have any further issues, please do not hesitate to reach back out?

Regards

Paul.