cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: legacy blueyonder email address compromised.

Antbruce001
Joining in

I have exactly the same problem. My wife's old blueyonder email was not shut down when we left virgin media over 10 years ago.

The email has now been hacked and they are ACTIVELY using the account to terrorise my wife to try and extort money, and it also appears to being used for other criminal acts. This has been reported to the police.

I have reported this matter to Virgin Media multiple times this week, and they say the as they have no records of my previous account with them that they are 'unable' to delete the account. For 'unable' read 'can't be bothered!'. Access to the email can only be gained using the virginmedia IMAP & STMP servers, so clearly the email accounts are housed on Virgein Media's servers. 

We also have a second blueyonder email linked to our original account (which was with Telewest) that hasn't been hacked but I also want this deleted.

I want this addressing as soon as possible. I don't want access to the accounts, I just want them gone with all the data removed. Is that too much to ask or need?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Antbruce001

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about whats happened.

I will send you a private message now so I can get the details securely.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Antbruce001

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about whats happened.

I will send you a private message now so I can get the details securely.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi, 

Could someone please contact me too? I have this problem, I previously had several attempts at all my social media platforms been hacked, it now appears to be through my old blueyonder email address as other things and accounts connecting with my old email has also been compromised. Now I can no longer receive emails through the said account as now my credentials seem to have been changed.

I was using the email address with the IMAP/Pop 3 details on my Gmail. I never really used it for much anyway so I would be happy for it to get deleted and closed down permanently.  The last thing I'd want is it to be used for sending out spam or used for scamming people and ruining any credibility scores and checks on my name.

Also it maybe worth adding that my current Virgin account has no links to the email as it was from an old account from years ago

Thank you and kind regards 

Gavin. 

Hi @SpudShapedDad 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're having 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. 

Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner. If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel