Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: email not working

Sorry to jump on this post also. My family friend of 75 years old, suffers from cerebal palsy, who has been a solid virgin customer for the last 15 years, had her emails just suddenly stop last sunday 17th May. She has spent the last 2 days on the phone to Virgin, where the advisor on the other end just constantly be literates her and says she is doing it all wrong, and she is not putting her password in correctly, pretty much bringing her to tears with their comments.
Now I have spent 3 nights looking into this, and this post showing the screenshot is exactly what she gets when she tries to access through the virgin media site. Obviously any other programmes attached to it wont work either whilst it is "unavailable".
Biggest problem atm is COVID-19, no one can visit her. So I remote in through teamviewer regularly when problems arise. Can anyone advise where to go from here, because she will not be ringing customer services again to be spoken down at 😕 Thanks for reading.
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: mailbox unavailable

I have separated your post to a new thread as it is easier to manage the forum this way.

The VM Forum Team should be able to help in getting the mailbox unlocked.  I will flag this thread to them.

They will need confirmation that the email address is linked to a current VM broadband account.  They will request private details via a Private Message to ensure security is maintained.

They will need your friend to be involved in this process as they are the account holder.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: email not working

Hello allfudgedup,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your family friend when she called us and it's definitely not the experience we want her to have. It shouldn't have happened. I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some details about her account and take a look for her. I won't be able to discuss much about her account with your but I'll be able to look at her email address issue and go from there.

Please reply back to it so I can help.

Thanks,

Lisa