cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: add extra email account

linny40
Superfast

hi sorry to but in but does that mean we may loose our current email addresses? i used to have quite afew on my account, but cant see them now and when ever i try to use them it says incorrect password. Ive had my email addresses for over 25 yrs as i never liked the throw away ones 😞

8 REPLIES 8

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@linny40 wrote:

hi sorry to but in but does that mean we may loose our current email addresses? i used to have quite afew on my account, but cant see them now and when ever i try to use them it says incorrect password. Ive had my email addresses for over 25 yrs as i never liked the throw away ones 😞

@linny40  Extract from the staff post prior to yours: "New customers will not be able to create an email account at sign up, and existing customers will not be able to make additional email accounts. We will continue to provide support for already existing email accounts, which will remain open."

VM have not announced any plans to remove the email function in its entirety at this point.

As regards your missing accounts if they are correctly linked to your current Virgin Media broadband account they should be listed under the Manage other My Virgin Media accounts section which is found at the bottom of the Account Details page when logged into the primary My Virgin Media account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

As regards your missing accounts if they are correctly linked to your current Virgin Media broadband account they should be listed under the Manage other My Virgin Media accounts section which is found at the bottom of the Account Details page when logged into the primary My Virgin Media account.

I could only find 3 and not the other ones that are used daily, unless im looking in the wrong place, as since they changed the layout its confusing to try and find details of my account.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@linny40 wrote:

I could only find 3 and not the other ones that are used daily, unless im looking in the wrong place, as since they changed the layout its confusing to try and find details of my account.

That is a little concerning as it suggests that the others may be in an 'orphaned' state that is not attached to a current VM broadband account.  Have you had the same account consistently through your time with VM including when it was NLT and Telewest? or have you perhaps moved house or had a break in service at any time?

Edit: @linny40  I have split this thread off into a separate one so as to avoid confusion with the original thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Nope all addresses since ntl I had just written a post on what I see on the account page, but it seems to have got lost as I tried to edit the above post. When I go to my account it says Welcome back, then view package update settings, then my bill ( hate that part) under than it reads service staten Entertainment reviews
under that upgrade package need help
under that Virgin TV edit
under that QWuick links which are VM email track complaint orders & Appts sign in to o2
under that moving home channel guide refer a friend sign in to o2

nithg like manage other or manage accounts

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you click on Update Settings you should then be shown a further set of options including Account Details.  Click on that and you should see the option to Manage other My Virgin Media accounts at the bottom of the page.

ah yes ok see it now in purple and it does show all my other accounts. 2 of which I don't use much these days. but if I delete them I cant make new ones 😞
I also need to speak to someone re my Volt and o2 package due to being charged a lot of a sim only deal. But not sure if this will affect my Virgin whole package

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Good that you have found the right page 

Re your Volt query it might be worth starting a post in the Manage Account cable forum.  But be aware that the VM Forum Team cannot carry out package amendments for you.

Hi there @linny40

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums! 

I am so sorry to hear that you had faced this issue with your email but a big thank you to @Graham_A for their help and guidance and we are so glad you have been able to locate the addresses. 

I can see you have also now made a post in regards to the Volt package so please do keep referring to this new thread so our agents can help! 

Thank you again.