cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Your mailbox is not available at the moment

davidas99
On our wavelength

I'm having the same problem with my .ntlworld account. Problem started sometime after 1830 on 17/05/23 and have not been able to access email via the web or Outlook since. There is a secondary email on the account and that works fine. Changed the password as suggested but that's made no difference. Looking at other threads this seems to be quite a common problem. Any help would be appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

davidas99
On our wavelength

Still not fixed. Raised three days ago, chased today but still keep being asked to change password. First Line Support just seem to work to a very limited script and waste an awful lot of customer's time in the process (nearly 1.5 hours webchat today). The problem is well documented on this forum, but it doesn't seem to be on VM's radar. Not what I'd call good customer service, so I've raised a formal complaint

I've just discovered that for several months VM has been charging me for Homeworks (this isn't immediately obvious from the direct debit notifications that I receive). Apparently, it's supposed to include some enhanced support features - would have been good to be able to say "yes, that's been a benefit".

@Kath_F

"....the email service as this is something we offer as a free added extra for having a Virgin Media broadband service" Really? Whilst I can understand VM might exclude it from being subject to Service Credits, according to the Ts and Cs it's just as much part of the service as is Internet Access - A Broadband Service would be pretty useless without either of these....

Hi @davidas99 👋

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

Sorry to hear you're experiencing some issues with your mailbox and for the poor experience with our team. It's not the level of service we aim to provide. 

I would like to take a closer look into this for you so will pop you a PM 📩 now to confirm some details. 

Hope to hear from you soon. 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Tell me, where have you sent the PM to, my VM email address?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@davidas99 PMs are sent via the Community forum and not as emails.  If you are viewing this thread on a desktop device you should see an envelope icon in the top menu bar.  If viewing on a mobile device click on your circle profile icon and select messages from the drop-down menu.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

davidas99
On our wavelength

Thanks

Hi @davidas99

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for the advice provided @Graham_A 👍

Regards,
Daniel

Thank you Daniel. The service is now more or less working (one issue remaining, which is , I think for me). Once I've sorted that (hopefully this evening) I will post again, explaining what happened and what could be improved. The intention is that such will be (a) to the benefit of anyone else who has the issue and (b) provide a few take-aways for VM.

In the meantime, I do have a day job and that needs to take priority right now.

Hi @davidas99, no problem at all 😀

Please pop back to us whenever you're ready. 

We always take on board feedback and will certainly pass any we receive along to the relevant teams. 

Regards,
Daniel