Menu
vixinpix
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Your mailbox is not available at the moment

I have the same problem. No access to emails any way. Rang tech department. They said they would raise a ticket and fix within 48 hours. That was 48 hours ago. Just rang again. They said previous ticket had not been submitted properly. They would submit one now but it will be another 48 hours before fixed. Do I trust that that will happen? Not much. I have been without access to my emails for at least 3 days, probably longer as I also had a problem with my computer.

Could this have been a problem with trying to set up an Outlook Account on my new computer? or was the fact that it wasn't working the reason I couldn't set up the Outlook Account? Anyone know?? I'm worried that if I try to set it up again the same thing will happen!

0 Kudos
vixinpix
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access to virgin.net emails.

I am a virginmedia customer. My virgin.net account has been linked in the past to my current virgin account, I believe. For over a week I have had no access to my emails through any device. Two weeks ago my computer hard drive died and so I lost all my contacts and emails which were stored on the computer. I am desperate to get access to my emails on line in order to retrieve these. I have had repeated contacts with customer services and they try various things but keep telling me it is up to Talk Talk to unlock the account but on this forum (and from prior experience) they take no responsibility. When I rang them they said they could not help me unless I was accessing the emails from a talk talk account website.The email address is still valid according to mailchecker. PLEASE help me!

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access to virgin.net emails.

I've merged your two threads together. At least now we have a wider understanding of what may be happening here. But I've spent time merging rather than trying to answer your query. Hopefully someone else will pick this up for you. But not me.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi @vixinpix,

Sorry to hear you're unable to access your email account. I'm going to send you a Private Message just so I can be clear on the facts regarding your email and to check whether the email was given to Talk Talk or not. It's difficult to advise without knowing what the actual email address is.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
vixinpix
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa, when I had problems with this email address a couple of years ago, when a similar thing happened, the virgin technical department were able to remove the blocked access. Had the same conversations about Talk talk but they were not responsible for it being blocked and in my conversation with them this time are unable to do anything as I am not a customer of theirs. Do hope you can help.. Vicky

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Lisa_CC wrote:

Hi @vixinpix,

Sorry to hear you're unable to access your email account. I'm going to send you a Private Message just so I can be clear on the facts regarding your email and to check whether the email was given to Talk Talk or not. It's difficult to advise without knowing what the actual email address is.

Thanks,

Lisa

For the love of your chosen deity.....

It has been noted before, many times and by better people than me, that no Virgin Media provided virgin.net email addresses have been or ever were transferred to Talk Talk.

All VM provided email addresses, including the legacy virgin.net ones are still controlled by Virgin Media.

The use of a legacy virgin.net email address requires the customer to have a current Virgin Media broadband account, and for the virgin.net address to have been correctly associated with that account.

I would hope that all Virgin Media support staff are aware of this, but then again.....

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
vixinpix
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Quite clearly, virgin media staff are not aware that talk talk is not able to help, I have been sent in their direction on 3 separate occasions in the last two weeks! Despite informing them that it is no use. It is extremely frustrating and irritating and makes you question anything else they tell you!! I also suspect that they are told to say they are tech team when they are not? 

0 Kudos
vixinpix
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Realised I tagged a post as helpful when issue has not been resolved. New to this game. (also on heavy painkillers for back problem at the moment and not as sharp as usual) 

0 Kudos
vixinpix
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Closure of former-customer email accounts

I am a virgin media customer. The same thing has happened to me. My virgin.net email has been unavailable for probably over a week. Customer services still trying to send me to Talk Talk. Same error message as everyone else. The email address was successfully re- linked to my virgin account when I had some problems about 2 years ago but had been working fine since then. It is my main email account with virgin although bills get sent to a gmail account. The problem is compounded by my computer having a hard drive failure 3 weeks ago so I lost all my addresses and emails that had been on Outlook. More than 20 years of contacts/emails lost. I am having sleepless nights compounded by my experience of virgin media customer services who keep telling me incorrect information.

Would be good to add up how many people this has happened to recently.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Closure of former-customer email accounts

@vixinpix  Have you replied to the private message that @Lisa_CC  sent you? 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos