Menu
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to send email to blueyonder.co.uk

Hi squeak24,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I am sorry to hear you've been having some issues sending an email to blueyonder email address.

Are you still having problems with this? If so, let me know and I'll send you over a PM so I can look into this for you from there. I can take a look at the email headers to find out what's causing the email to be returned.

Let me know,

Beth

squeak24
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to send email to blueyonder.co.uk

Hi, I have an issue where I can't send email to a blueyonder.co.uk email address from a business address email. I get the error:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]
   all hosts for 'blueyonder.co.uk' have been failing for a long time (and retry time not reached)
Reporting-MTA: dns;

Action: failed
Final-Recipient: [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

Subject: Test #2 at 22:05
Date: 27 June 2020 at 22:05:24 BST
To: [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

This is a test email at 22:05

I have successfully sent email to the blueyonder.co.uk account using another domain name cheekyfactor.com, that went through ok. That is on a different server worldsportscommunications.com. The person with the blueyonder.co.uk account is receiving emails OK from others, it's just this domain he is having issues.

I have been in touch with the support team with name.com who host the website, they have advised that the domain name is set up OK to send and receive emails. The wrote:

Thanks for reaching out to [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED] support! It appears that your email is set up correctly-- however, the email server for blueyonder.co.uk  cannot be connected to. The owner of this domain will want to ensure they have their services set up correctly-- your email appears to be sending and receiving properly, and I've verified the email server is not experiencing any issue that would cause this trouble. Instead, the server for blueyonder.co.uk  is not responding-- you may want to verify they are not blocking or rejecting the email from their side. 

Any ideas how we can resolve this issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

Gary

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Beth_G 

@squeak24 

I'm not sure why this hasn't been transferred to the e-mail board for answer. But we have seen this issue a few times recently. It is not a VM problem. It is caused by a badly configured server at the sender's end. If it was anything other than this then no  VM domain would ever be available to anyone anywhere else in the world. No VM domain has expired or disappeared or is not working. There is nothing here for VM to fix or investigate. And as should be properly appreciated by now VM will greylist mail from badly configured sending servers as spam protection for its customers. That stops the mail getting accepted

Please can we see a properly redacted error message from the senders server (the current redactions have gone a bit far). The only thing that needs to be removed are the first part of any e-mail addresses (before the @symbol). That  and personal IP addresses (not the server addreses) are the only personal information that should not be disclosed on a public forum.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
squeak24
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks both to Beth and Howard. 

Not sure why my initial post was redacted, I thought I had got rid of all the personal information in the bounce back.

I will take this back up with the host.