Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: Thunderbird issues

Will toss my hat in to this ring. We changed from a contract in my wifes name to a new one in my name. This meant she could no longer use her Blueyonder address so she created a Virginmedia one. Since day one the SMTP has not recognised her login. Have spoken to numerous people and still no joy. Twitter just always passes the buck and 105 just get confused if the answer isn't in their script. Been months now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator

If the new account is in your name, then YOU are the only person who can create any new virginmedia address in this account – your wife cannot do so. You must login to MyVirginMedia/My Profile/Manage Accounts/Create New Account – and setup her new address. Have you done so, and if so, what happened as a result of that?

I am assuming here that you have correctly registered an address (VM or otherwise) as your VM username as part of the new account process. Yes?

This is the process -

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-create-and-manage-account

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 35
Flag for a moderator

As an ex web developer and a Virgin customer of over twenty years I am aware of how to set up an account. I posted here because I have CORRECTLY created a new email account for the wife and it works fine except for SMTP which gives me the exact same error everybody else in this thread has reported hence my posting here.

I don't appreciate being patronised.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Well, if you created her address, you shouldn’t have said - “she created a Virginmedia one”.

Before this gets referred further, can we clarify -

1. Client is Thunderbird

2. Error message – is it - your mailbox is not available at the moment... - no such address - or what?

3. Her access to webmail works.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 35
Flag for a moderator

@carbonize wrote:

As an ex web developer and a Virgin customer of over twenty years I am aware of how to set up an account. I posted here because I have CORRECTLY created a new email account for the wife and it works fine except for SMTP which gives me the exact same error everybody else in this thread has reported hence my posting here.

I don't appreciate being patronised.

As an ex web developer, I'm sure you'd appreciate that we get people of all levels of experience and technical expertise with problems, and finding a happy medium as to the level of advice we give is often a struggle.  Remember we know NOTHING about you apart from what you've posted on here.

Can you confirm the exact SMTP error you are getting?

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning carbonize,

Thanks for your posts on our Community Forum.

Sorry to see we have issues with an E-Mail address that you've created on your account for your wife.

Have you attempted to change the password on the troublesome account and updated this third party application also?

Kindest regards

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 35
Flag for a moderator

We have done everything that has been suggested here and elsewhere. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Authentication Credentials Invalid (VM300)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 35
Flag for a moderator

If she tries using webmail with the same username and password - can she log in?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Everything works fine except for sending via SMTP. Webmail is fine, IMAP is fine.

0 Kudos