Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TIVO box keeps stuttering.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jonmc58 

Thanks for your response

Great to hear this has now arrived, regarding an app password - is it the actual outlook app which is asking for this?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

6 REPLIES 6

jonmc58
On our wavelength

Hi Travis_M,

Many thanks for your response. I assume that it is app passwords that are required for the email addresses in the posts above. Because they are ntlworld.com addresses I cannot use My VM to generate them, so cannot get into my emails. The message says unable to connect to server but the settings are all correct and I can see emails on my android phone and tablet but not my pc which annoys me greatly as I dislike typing on phones and tablets.

Only one of our secondary emails has VM address so I can access my VM for that but can't add ntlworld.com addresses to that.. Also there is still the rather important matter of missing historic emails

Any advice or assistance would b greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

Jon

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All VM email accounts including ntlworld.com ones have individual My Virgin Media accounts associated with them.  Make sure that you are signed out on any MyVM account before logging in again with the Ntlworld email address concerned and current password.

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jonmc58
On our wavelength

There's the rub.

I accept everything that you have said but I have no way of accessing a My VM related to any of our secondary accounts with ntlworld.com addresses. They has never any set up over the 21 years we have used them and no one seems able to tell how to do so now.. I am also unable to reach a MY VM for the primary email address, also a ntlworld.com address. From what you say that's a dangerous position to be in.

I do have a My VM app relating to the one VM,Com address that we have, but it does not show anything relating to the ntlworld.com email addresses and I cannot get the system to accept these addresses.

Any suggestions???

At last I do have my historic emails back and synchronized even if it took most of last night.

Best Regards

Jon 

Hello jonmc58.

Would you like me to take a look into the emails for you.

Saves you the time and stress trying to get this resolved.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

jonmc58
On our wavelength

Hi Gareth_L,

That would be very helpful and I'd be delighted to get things understood and sorted. If we ever need to make password changes at least I may remember how to do it.

Best Regards

Jon

Hi jonmc58,

Did you get my private message I sent yesterday?

Gareth_L