cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sending emails

srpayne1974
Joining in

My daughter is also experiencing exactly the same thing. We’ve tried the same things you have without any success. She’s using a Mac.

6 REPLIES 6

srpayne1974
Joining in

A few days ago my daughter was no longer able to send emails from her NTL/Virgin account. We have not changed any settings and up until now it’s been working fine for years. Receiving emails is fine. Sent emails are kept in her outbox. 

We’ve since tried deleting and adding the account again and numerous things suggested online but without success. I’ve added a picture of the error message received.

Can you please help?

752FE430-F901-407D-BD27-EB81EA6BB54B.jpeg

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

She just needs to populate the Subject field of the email to resolve the issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for this, it has been tried with and without a subject title but without success.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It would be helpful to see what, if any, VM error code is returned by the SMTP server in this situation. Open the Terminal applciation and enter the following where username:password is replaced with your email address and password, i.e. richard.branson@virginmedia.com:Y54kpX5g:

curl -v smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com -u username:password 2>&1 | grep "235\\|VM"

Post the redacted results here.

Thanks for this. To be honest I’m not sure what you mean by terminal application.

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This should help

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/terminal/apd5265185d-f365-44cb-8b09-71a064a42125/mac

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks