cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Secondary Blueyonder email account locked out

Boulevardier
On our wavelength

Hello

I'm having a similar problem. When I have closed the My Virgin Media page for one account and then try to log in again, it automatically re-opens the account I've just closed, with no way of selecting another of my VM email addresses.  How do I get to MVA for that other account/email address?

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Boulevardier Before you close the browser window you need to click on your profile picture and select log out from the drop down menu.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Boulevardier,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your online account, are you able to try this using another browser to see if you get the same issues?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Boulevardier
On our wavelength

I'm having similar problems.  There is no way in MVA to close the current account/email address and select another.  If I close MVM by closing the browser tab and reopen MVM, it just takes me straight to the previous account with no option to chose another.  So how do I open MVA for another Blueyonder account email address?

Mike 

Boulevardier
On our wavelength

Sorry, for "MVA" read "MVM" throughout.

Mike

Thanks for coming back to me Boulevardier, are you able to use a different browser such as Chrome, Safari or Edge not a different browser tab, to see if the same things happen in a different browser?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Boulevardier
On our wavelength

My original comment seems to have disappeared!  Here it is again.  Any help would be much appreciated.

"I'm having similar problems.  There is no way in MVM to close the current account/email address and select another.  If I close MVM by closing the browser tab and reopen MVM, it just takes me straight to the previous account with no option to chose another.  So how do I open MVM for another Blueyonder account email address?"

Mike 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Boulevardier Before you close the browser window you need to click on your profile picture and select log out from the drop down menu.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks Graham, the profile picture was barely visible behind the black border at the top of the page, so I hadn't even seen it!  Just another quick question.  Am I right in thinking that each email address needs to have its own app password generated?  I originally assumed that one password would cover all accounts, but now suspect I was wrong. It isn't made too clear on the help page.

Many thanks

Mike

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes you are correct in that each email address needs it's own generated app password for access via an email client.

Thanks so much Graham!  I've been puzzling over that question for days now - brilliant to have the answer.  It might be useful if that was made clear in the "Generate an app" section of MVM.

Thanks again

Mike