cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Reset access to virgin.net email address

JaneShelley
Tuning in

I have had the same issue and have been on the phone to Virgin numerous times but get a different answer every time.  Someone called to respond to my complaint today and said that my email address went to Talk Talk in 2015 but Talk Talk have checked their database and my email address was never transferred to them and was managed by Virgin. So back to Virgin again, please can you reinstate my account so that I can transfer all the information away.  Everything is set up on there, tickets are being sent there etc.  It went down on the 26th October, so should be able to be reactivated if the 90 day window is true. We were not informed our email would be switched off. 

21 REPLIES 21

JaneShelley
Tuning in

I'm in the same boat.  I find it hard to believe the lack of accountability by Virgin, especially in managing such critical information. I too am running round the houses. My complaint was responded too but I was told to go to talk talk and talk talk checked their databases and my email address was never moved over or controlled by them. So back to VIrgin again........

BMB11
On our wavelength

Hi JaneShelley

Sorry to hear that. This is obviously a big deal for VM customers and they really should do something about resolving it [by reopening the virgin.net addresses] or offer some kind of a 'fix' such as redirect or auto reply. 

Let us know how you get on.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JaneShelley wrote:

I was told to go to talk talk and talk talk checked their databases and my email address was never moved over or controlled by them.

Strangely many Virgin Media staff seemed confused about this.

The truth is that VM sold off their old ADSL (non cable) broadband service to TalkTalk in 2015 but VM kept control of the associated virgin.net email addresses. They were not part of the sale to TalkTalk and the virgin.net domain still remains the responsibility of Virgin Media.

Because of the confusion and the fact that your case has obviously been going on for some time I have escalated this to the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) and one of them will contact you via this thread to take a look at this for you.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JaneShelley

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding your email address. Just to clarify: are you no longer an active Virgin Media broadband customer?

If you are not an active Virgin Media customer who holds a broadband account with us, then your email address will end. It normally ends 90 days after your broadband contract ends, however sometimes they can take a whole to be deactivated. Once an email address has been removed it cannot be activated or used again. I'm sorry. When you started using the email address, the T&C state that once account is closed the email service will end 90 days after contract for broadband.

Apologies for the inconvenience,

Serena

BMB11
On our wavelength

Hi Serena

I see your reply to the posting from JaneShelley re  loss of virgin.net email addresses. 

As I and most others who are desperate to recover use of these addresses are still VM broadband customers it seems at odds with what you are saying. We are still customers and yet VM seem unable or unwilling to return use of our virgin.net emails. We did not even have an explanation as to why these were deleted in the first place nor any warning. 

I've never been a broadband customer with you. I set up the email address in 2011 and have been using it ever since as my main email address.  Everything is linked to it.  I've had no communication from you about deactivating the email, so no opportunity to change all my records or advise people that the email is ending. I certainly wouldn't have bought train tickets and theatre/concert tickets that will be sent to that email address if I'd known the disruption that was coming. The email was heavily used up until the point that it was deactivated.  I've been searching for answers, I've had varying contradicting bits of advice. I can't understand if you can deactivate an email why you can't reactivate it, even temporarily so that we can move on to a responsible email service provider. 

I can still see historic emails on my phone. I know they're not stored on my phone, so would assume that there is a server somewhere with my emails on that could be retrieved. 

I can't accept that you can manage such valuable information in my emails and not have any accountability for such disruptive consequences that you have created in switching them off with no prior warning or communication.  

Thanks BMB11.  I

two penn'orth for what it is worth.

I have seen, over the past two months, where several people have had their email re-instated on a temporary basis to enable them to recover emails and contacts. So it is possible despite what the Forum Team Member has said...

Useful to know albob! Thanks for sharing.