Menu
Wheelspinz
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old virgin.net account

Did this get resolved? I have the same problem!

I called 0345 454 1111 as asked by someone on online chat. After 1hr on hold the person really didn't get the account was not closed properly and tried to say it would happen automatically, when it hasn't so far in the last 4 years!

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear the agent via our online chat wasn't able to get your old email account closed down for you.  They are usually not instant and may take up to 10 days for old email accounts to be deleted but can you check here to see if it has been completed? If the agent submitted the request, it may have already been done.

Please post back on here if it's not so we can take a look at it.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Wheelspinz
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello. The online person didn’t even try as they said I had to telephone. I was on hold for over an hour and then the person on the phone I spoke to didn’t even try and tried to fob me off it is done automatically, but it hasn’t and that was why I called. I haven’t used the account for over 5 years and it is still active when I checked via the link you just sent. It is correct it is over 25 years old, but should have been closed over 5 years ago as I no longer have a virgin account. I still get forwarded email from the forward I set up when changing accounts. I tested it and an email to that old virgin email arrives in my current hotmail email account. 

2B1A1287-AE35-439A-8AC7-C129B3D105E3.png

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wheelspinz,

Thank you for coming back to us, I will be happy to get the email adress permanently deleted, the email address doesn't always close when you leave us, we are sorry if this wasn't advised.

To delete this I will need to ask some security questions, so I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.