cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Old Blueyonder email accounts have been hacked

fitzy1
Joining in

Guys, I have this afternoon realised I cannot access my blueyonder email address that I have had for years. I was able to access it this morning but it doesn't recognise my password and when I go to reset it now doesn't recognise my email address. This is only on my laptop, I can still access email on my phone, which I find really strange? Can you help?

7 REPLIES 7

fitzy1
Joining in

Guys, I have this afternoon realised I cannot access my blueyonder email address that I have had for years. I was able to access it this morning but it doesn't recognise my password and when I go to reset it now doesn't recognise my email address. This is only on my laptop, I can still access email on my phone, which I find really strange? Can you help?

Hi fitzy1,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have been unable to sign into your Email Via your Laptop, have you tried signing out all together and set the Email up again on the Laptop, you can find all our Email settings here.

Regards

Paul.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @fitzy1 

Thanks for posting. Is your email address linked to an active cable account? 

Please follow these email settings, which should help with this.

Keep us posted how you get on.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John_GS,

I have tried what you suggested, even tried to register for a virginmedia email account but the response was I couldn't use the email of mine that I register with because it is blueyonder?

Best Regards

John

Hi Again John_GS,

Just a quick one, would this lock out be anything to do with switching over to business broadband a few months back? If so, how can I rectify as would like to keep hold of my blueyonder email account?

Best Regards

John

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@fitzy1 It is very likely to be linked with the fact that you no longer have a VM residential broadband account.  Following closure any linked email addresses get closed down after 90 days.

The business broadband accounts do not come with an email account.  Indeed new VM residential broadband customers no longer get VM email addresses either.

@John_GS should be able to check the exact status of your blueyonder email address for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @fitzy1 

If you no longer have an active residential broadband account, as Graham has suggested, this may well be the reason why you can not access the mailbox.

I'll pop you a PM 📩 now so we can take a closer look into it. 

Speak soon 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs