Menu
DavidS49
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ntlworld email stopped working on POP3 and IMAP

Hi, I too am having extremely annoying problems with my NTL email. For some time whenever I open my email client on my pc or phone, it randomly asks for my password. If I just cancel the request it works fine....or did, until a few days ago. But when I type in my password it says it's wrong...IT IS NOT WRONG...I've written it down. I've deleted the account on my phone, re entered the details several times, pop3, imap, tried them all but it keeps telling me that my details are wrong! This is getting beyond frustrating! by the way, if I log into my virgin media website I can access my emails with no problem.

Of course, it's impossible to talk to anyone to get help, with the scamdemic being used as an excuse! I am NOT happy!!

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Forcing a re sync of the account password databases may help in this situation.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DavidS49
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Graham......that worked a treat......magic! Thank you so much.....😁

0 Kudos