Menu
slimmy50
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ntlworld email not working in Outlook

Firstly apologies for jumping on this post, it was the only way i could express my issues, if honest i am on the verge of calling it a day after 20 years of subscribing with Virgin - period.

Don't know where to start really? Let's just say i have been on this issue for days on end and i have come to the end of my tether, i have spent an hour and a half on the phone today with Virgin to try and remedy my nightmare all to no avail.

Ok, i have recently reformatted my pc, all is well, and now have a new up to date version of Windows 10, went on to install Microsoft office thinking i can use Outlook (2019) as my email client with my ntlworld.com email address. I have 3 emails - gmail, Hotmail and ntl, office also installed fine.

Gmail and hotmail install fine, i am setting up my ntl email via IMAP/SMTP - My settings for ntl are all correct, IMAP 993 & SMTP 465 (Both on SSL/TLS encryption) i have tried manually set up and automatically all with no luck. i constantly get the pop up asking for my password, so to eliminate this i have gone onto webmail (online) and changed and updated my password yet continue to get the pop up window showing all fields filled in, i have uninstalled all email addressees, and reinstalled in different order and still nothing with my ntl account!

I constantly get the pop up asking for me to enter username and password but all fields are filled in correctly??

My phone call Techy informed me that if web mail is working fine then there's nothing else he could do, was rather miffed by this as i expected better support, i have read pages and pages all with similar issues but no answers - my mail receives but does not send when i have had my ntl installed, i can categorically confirm all settings are correct, passwords too, i need IMAP set up for my preferences as i have a few sub folders and prefer this to pop3.

One thing i will add is i also have the same set up (outlook) on my mobile phone (Android) with the same 3 emails basically mirroring my pc for when i am on the move and my send on ntl email is the same and does NOT send - However if i turn my (at home wifi) off on my mobile and attempt to send via mobile data / 4g my email sends?? (This is not practical)

I am literally thinking of giving up my ntl email and using someone else, my son uses a Virgin media email via my (10 email allowance) and experiences issues also with sending but settles for using the webmail option.

This is definitely a blocker of some sort, but as mentioned above my phone call did not remedy the situation, to add i have read that .pst / ost files can become corrupt via email / installation but feel i would be out of my depth delving into this and to support it possibly not being this why would emails send via my mobile using 4g / data?

I really hope i have given enough information here for someone to pick this up and help me with this head banging situation, so without further ado Virgin Media, over to you??

yours in anticipation and Best Regards   

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ntlworld email not working in Outlook

It would be helpful to see what, if any, VM error code is returned by the SMTP server in this situation. Open a Command Shell or Terminal window and enter the following command where username:password is replaced with your email address and password, i.e. richard.branson@virginmedia.com:Y54kpX5g

curl -v smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com -u username:password 2>&1 | (where findstr && (findstr  "235 VM") || (grep "235\|VM")) 

Post the redacted results here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos