Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ntlworld email box not available

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue and have been unable to access my ntlworld emails for over 3 weeks! 
I received the letter advising the account security had been ‘compromised’ and a new password was required. This was done but still unable to access account. 
Please can you assist as would appear it is fixable...even though four calls to the call centre advise differently! 
Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @gemsanangel

Welcome to our Community and for your first post to our Forums; I am sorry that you seem to be having a similar issue. 

Now that you have changed your password, what happens when you try and log in? 

I have located your account from your forum details and I can see that you last contacted us when we had a known issues with the email - this has since cleared and been resolved; have you tried logging in since?

I've checked and ensured that the email address registered is all enabled - can you please try logging in again and letting me know how you get on? 

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have separated your post from the other person's thread.  Please follow the forum rules which make it easier for the Forum Team to help.  Also you will get the opportunity to mark this thread as solved when your access is restored.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGettingStarted

The Forum Team (VM employees) should be able to assist, wait for them to reach this thread and take your personal details by private message.

Best wishes.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

The email address I am having issues with still does not work. 
I have tried again to change the password but this hasn’t helped. I can access ‘My Virgin Media’ but it tells me my username or password is not recognised when I attempt to view emails on my phone 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi gemsanangel,

Thanks for your response

Are you able to log into the E-Mail account via our web mail service?

On the phone, are you using a third party application? If so, it may be worth deleting the E-Mail account from the application and then reinstating it, before then trying to log in using the new password you've created

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I’m unable to log into the webmail using my ntlworld email address.

I use the main email app on the iPhone which up until this issue has been absolutely fine. I am still able to access my virginmedia emails through this though. 
Many thanks

Gemma

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@gemsanangel wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I’m unable to log into the webmail using my ntlworld email address.

I use the main email app on the iPhone which up until this issue has been absolutely fine. I am still able to access my virginmedia emails through this though. 
Many thanks

Gemma

You need to describe why you cannot log into webmail. What error messages do you get? If you can access the email address by other routes then the mailbox is available.

Are you a Virgin Media broadband customer and is the email address concerned showing when you sign into My Virgin Media with your primary username?

It needs to be listed under the My Profile tab in the Virgin Media Mail section or under the Manage Accounts tab as a secondary account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I receive the attached error message when trying to access the email mailbox through the Virgin media site

9028B916-8CE3-4E55-8F72-878E104F14A5.png

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am a virgin broadband customer and the email address concerned is a secondary account. 

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@gemsanangel wrote:

I am a virgin broadband customer and the email address concerned is a secondary account. 

Thanks for confirming that. The VM Forum Team will need to pick this up for further investigation.  They will respond in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more