Menu
Djakarta
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ntlworld email Inbox contents deleted

Hi, I have just had similar problem - just deleted mails on Windows Mail (Don't ever use it) and all my Virgin Inbox mail has disappeared - except one!

Is this likely to be resolved? How/when?

Rgds

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Djakarta wrote:

Hi, I have just had similar problem - just deleted mails on Windows Mail (Don't ever use it) and all my Virgin Inbox mail has disappeared - except one!

Is this likely to be resolved? How/when?

Rgds

You may be able to resolve it if you keep a backup of your emails.

Did your Windows Mail set up use the IMAP protocol to connect to the VM mail servers?  If so then that is designed to synchronise the mail held on the email client (Windows Mail in this case) with the VM mail servers.  This means that deleting mail from Windows Mail will have deleted the same emails from the VM server.

You could check to see it they are in the Trash folder on the VM server, but that is a long shot.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Djakarta wrote:

just deleted mails on Windows Mail

Just  to clarify that statement, are you saying that you deleted the Virgin Media emails from the inbox in your Windows Mail account? Or were the emails you deleted sitting in other folders in Windows Mail?

The reason I ask is that If your Windows Mail accounts have been set up using the IMAP protocol then whatever you delete from Windows Mail will also be deleted from your VM Webmail account. So deleting the contents of your inbox in Mail will result in those emails disappearing from your VM Webmail account.  IMAP simply ensures that the contents of your Windows Mail and VM Webmail are kept in synch which is normally exactly what you want.

Coenoby

Edited to add

Sorry Graham, looks like we both posted at the same time.😧

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Djakarta
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham,

Thanks for that - looks like that is the case - so bang goes my mails then. Hey ho - lesson learnt!

0 Kudos