Menu
Clarepam2
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ntlworld Email address

I have exactly the same issue, I'm calling VM for the 8th time now as they just keep telling me a different reason for it not working each time I speak to someone and nothing gets fixed.  I feel so let down and my life all goes to that email address that they just can't sort!  Have you got an answer yet?

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi Clarpam2

Thanks for posting.  I am sorry you're having issues accessing your email address.  

Please can you confirm that your email address is active on an active Virgin Media account?  Are your problems accessing it on a specific client/device?  Or can you not even access via the Virgin Media website?

Regards

Lee_R

Clarepam2
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi, since wednesday they are not coming through on any device and neither can I see them on my virgin media account either.  I've been told yes we can sort, I've had to give my password to 3 different VM customer service people, I've been told NTLWORLD is obsolete now, I've been told there's a fault which should have been sorted by today, today I've been told it's sorted, and I've been told my new virgin media email address that they told me had to be set up in order to link the ntlworld one and therefore be able to read them on my VM account doesn't exist even though I was sitting staring at my new inbox with emails in it from their webteam!  I'm at my wits end and they just can't help!

Thanks

Clare

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning Clarepam2,

Sorry to see of your E-Mail issues, have you been able to receive the E-Mail's on the effected dates since your last post?

Can you tell me how much storage your inbox currently contains?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Clarepam2
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi David, no emails yet and no response from Virgin Media yet either!

How do I look at storage capacity of inbox?

Regards

Clare

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Clare

You should see this on the left hand side of the page as you log into the web mail feature

This will be itemised below the folders that you have saved on your account, can you see this?

If possible, can you get this below 25GB and then see if you can send and receive any E-Mails?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Clarepam2
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for trying to help me.  I can only see the inbox of the new virgin media email account which only has 5 emails in it as its brand new.  I can't get access to the inbox of the ntlworld email account to see.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me

What happens when you try to access the NTL World account? Are you accessing the E-Mail account via web mail or via a third party application? 

Have you been able to get try the forgotten password link on our web mail page?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 34
Flag for a moderator

@David_Bn  I may be mistaken, but this is beginning to look rather like a case of a username change being made by a support agent which has led to the ntlworld email account being inaccessible.  There have been a few similar cases in the past.  It may need unravelling by the IT team if I am on the right lines. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Clarepam2
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sudden stop of NTLworld e-mail accounts. HELP!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xazyrx0XNSfCQWOzYY87jMo0HHOkpkGgUi0wjuPslA8/edit?usp=sharing 

Just in case you can't open the attachment I have typed below:

Last weds the access to all of my ntlworld emails was blocked on my phone it says Cannot get Mail - the mail server "imap.ntlworld.com" is not responding.

My ntllworld email is the one that I used when I started a new contract with VM last June.  It is the one I use to log into my VM and it is also the one on My Profile.  The 1st support person I spoke to said I had to change my password which I though he meant was for my email account but it was for my VM account and not my email.  I have never been able to view my email on my VM account.  So they made me set up a new email with @virgin media, these emails I can view on myVM mailbox.

Of the rest of the support conversations I was told NTLWORLD is obsolete, I was told it will all be fine once the new VM email is in place, that there was a known fault that would be fixed by sunday, that the known fault was now fixed, once of them told me there was no email address clare.gerlach1@virginmedia.com even though I was reading out the emails from webteam to him from my screen...

I can log in to my VM account fine using the ntlworld email address by the emails in the inbox are to @virginmedia.  Neither my iphone nor my laptop are receiving emails to ntlworld any more!

Sorry to waffle but it has been a saga.  Can we put a re-direct onto the ntlworld email address to my new email maybe?

0 Kudos