cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Need help accessing my Virgin Media account

keithio
Joining in

Hi All, sorry for hijacking the post (a little) but i'm having a similar issue with email passwords.  I'm using a Win 11PC accessing web mail and i have a few email accounts set up for various reasons.  Webmail moans at me stating 'The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them'; i haven't changed PWs recently!  Two of four accounts are affected; one a blueyonder.co.uk and one a virginmedia.com.  These two 'problem' accounts both seem ok when i use Outlook 365; I haven't changed the PWs in Outlook, go figure.  I have set up an App PW but that doesn't work in my webmail settings :-S  any ideas, anyone, please?

14 REPLIES 14

That is correct Coenoby, i have done as you described and that is the response i get.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@keithio wrote:

That is correct Coenoby, i have done as you described and that is the response i get.

Thanks for confirming that.

It would seem that you need support from VM to resolve this.  I see that VM staff have already been involved in this thread, however, can you just confirm that you are a \VM broadband customer?

If you can do that I will escalate this thread to them to get you some help.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes i am a VM Broadband customer, and thank you.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@keithio wrote:

Yes i am a VM Broadband customer,

That's great, keep an eye out for a reply from a VM team member on this thread.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi keithio, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. We're sorry to hear you were hospitalised but are glad to hear you're on the mend and all is OK now. 

This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs