Menu
oldcarliol
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Virgin media account not allowing me to delete an email account or change password

I have the same problem, trying to delete a secondary account/email address. The Chrome incognito mode didn't solve it.

Add: I've also cleared cookies, tried Edge instead of Chrome, but cannot delete the account/email address.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Virgin media account not allowing me to delete an email account or change password

Thanks for the information Oldcarliol.

Can we please confirm what it shows on the mailbox section on the My Virgin Media account?

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
oldcarliol
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Emily, if you are referring to 'manage accounts' they are all listed under my primary account with the view/change option, and are all ntlworld accounts. I'm trying to remove/delete those I no longer use.
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If you click on view/change next to the address you want to delete you should then see a delete this account button.  Click on it to delete the account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

oldcarliol
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I know, but it isn't working!

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@oldcarliol wrote:

Yes, I know, but it isn't working!

Thanks for replying.  It wasn't clear from your previous posts that the process was failing at that point.  What error message do you see on screen after clicking the Delete this account button?

@Emily_G will be able to pass this information on to the relevant department to investigate the issue with your account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
oldcarliol
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The error is:

Oops, something's broken
We're sorry this isn't the page you wanted.
This part of the site isn't working at the moment, but it'll be up and running again soon.
etc

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi oldcarliol,

Thanks for replying and clarifying the issue. Very sorry this isn't working for you I'll send you a private message to get your account details so I can get this sent to IT or you.

Cheers,

Corey C

oldcarliol
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What is happening about this problem. I've received no follow-up since last contact. None of the email addresses I passed on have been deleted and the problem persists with exactly the same error message.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi oldcarliol,

I am really sorry to hear that the mailboxes have not been deleted. I've re raised this to our IT teams for you under the reference: P010464926

I should hear back from them within 5 workings days, however if you would like to request an update on the ticket please just ask and we'll be happy to check.

Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.

Beth

0 Kudos