cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Mailbox unavailable

frogman9
On our wavelength

I have the same problem...I can't get any emails using Thunderbird and get the Mailbox unavailable message on Virgin home site, I can get some of my messages through Gmail and Hotmail which are both working fine. I phoned Virgin yesterday to no avail.

5 REPLIES 5

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @frogman9,

Welcome back to our Community Forums. Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with accessing your emails.

Would you be able to tell me a little more about what error message you're getting when you try to access your emails? 

Are you able to log in at all?

What steps have you taken to check if you can have this issue resolved?

Please keep us updated so we can look into this further for you.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello

I get the following message form Thunderbird   Sending of password for user .com did not succeed. Mail server pop3.virginmedia.com responded: Authentication failed. And on the Virgin Media site I get the Your Mailbox is unavailable message, I phoned VM yesterday and they tried to change the password and she couldn't so she gave me a ticket number.

frogman9
On our wavelength

An update...I tried to download from Virgin Newsgroups this morning and couldn't connect....is there anyone out there who can sort this out. I phoned Virgin on Wednesday and the woman I talked to couldn't change my password. I'm waiting for e mails from builders this couldn't have happened at a worse time.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @frogman9,

Thank you for getting back to me about this issue. I understand that this is very frustrating.

I order to help you further, I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page.

I will be in touch soon.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @frogman9,

Thanks for getting back to me over Private Message. 

I'm happy to hear that you were able to reset your password and resolve your issue! 

Sorry that our agent was not able to help previously.

Please let us know if there's anything else you need help with. We're more than happy to look into this for you. 🙂

Thank you!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team