Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Login page - OX App Suite

I'm getting this OX app log in page when trying to access my older emails received, tried downloading the uninstaller, no sign of the OX app on my PC, so can't remove it. I can still send and receive emails as normal, just can't access older emails on the Virgin site, nor do anything else to do with emails
I'm running Firefox on Win 7 pro 64 bit.

I can access Virgin Media home page but when I click Email the address line changes to mail2.Virginmedia.com/appsuite/ followed by a further string

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Where did anyone tell you to download an uninstaller.

OXApp is the front end for Virgin Media's webmail system.  Occasionally when a cookie goes wrong in Chrome you can end up with the OX Apps login page instead of being redirected to the VM sign in page.

Go to the following page in chrome

chrome://settings/siteData?search=cookies

And search for cookies related to mail2.virginmedia.com and delete them.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm on Firefox, not Chrome, however I was able to block cookies as mentioned in your post, the OX  app sign on still appears but now with a message re cookies turned off, please turn them on (I did a copy/paste of the address bar when blocking cookies)

What does OX app do anyway? Everything else to do with Email seems to work same as ever, I just need to check some data on an email from February which I deleted from my PC a couple of months back, I usually keep emails about 6 months except bills/invoices which I archive.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Don't know if it makes any difference but I use ntlworld.com part of the Virgin "empire".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re-enabled cookies, managed to read the message which flashes on and immediately disappears "Authentication via this method is disabled" (LGI-0024)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Press Ctrl + Shift + P to enter Private browsing mode to see if the issue still occurs?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

To answer your last question first.  It doesn't matter that you're a former ntlworld.com customer, all webmail is accessed via mail2.virginmedia.com (although mail.virginmedia.com, mail.ntlworld.com, mail.blueyonder.co.uk and mail.virgin.net will redirect to it anyway).

ntlworld has never been part of the 'Virgin Empire'  what happened was ntl/telewest bought Virgin Mobile from Richard Branson and also brokered a licensing deal allowing the use of the Virgin brand.  Virgin Media has been owned by the Liberty Global group since 2013.

With regards to OX App.  It's the platform that Virgin Media uses to deliver webmail.  Normally when you go to mail2.virginmedia.com, one of the first things that happens is that you are redirected to Virgin Media's single sign on system, and once logged in you're sent back to your Mailbox.  Occasionally when things go wrong you end up on the default OX Apps login screen (which won't recognise your credentials - so don't try logging in).

Clearing (not blocking) the existing cookies normally fixes this.

Go to about:preferences#privacy

Scroll down to the following section:

ravenstar68_0-1605807636463.png

And click Manage Data

Highlight mail2.virginmedia.com and delete it.

Tim

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Already done that - manage data, all it does is change the error message to not available at the moment, also tried manage exceptions only difference is the error message tells me that cookies are disabled, please enable them.

I've tried using a new user name and password, still no change; when did this OX start I don't often need to access email on the Virgin pages; any other suggestions? is there a downloadable OX app I note in one of the earlier posts above that 4 files should be on the PC, no sign of them that I can find on mine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Did you follow the advice to try a private browsing window?

Tim

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Private browsing no different, OX app still comes up.

0 Kudos