Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Logging into your email account with a bookmark

I have tried several ways to log into my virgin media and email account, it will not let me log in and doesn't recognise any of my log in details. It also asks me for my security details in the hope that I can change my password, and that says the information is incorrect.

When will this be fixed, as I have urgent messages to attend to regarding an important job offer 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I suspect your issue may be down to your recent house move.  Your email access should have remained for 90 days before being shut down.

Have you tried accessing your email account via an email client such as Thunderbird?

The Forum Team should get to this thread tomorrow and should be able to assist.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I cannot log into media or email

Why is this not working, it has been 24hrs now and I have a business to run.

My password or security details are not being accepted, I cannot reset anything without these being recognised.

I'm using both edge and explorer

Need some advice please, quickly 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: I cannot log into media or email

My advice is the same as other responders in your previous posts.  You cannot use the email service without a broadband connection.  It ceases 90 days after you leave.  The Forum Team will only be able to ensure the mailbox is permanently deleted if it is not already deleted.  Check here : https://mailtester.com

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Re-Logging-into-your-email-account-with-a-bookmark/m-p/42...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Recently-moved-house-my-new-home-do...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I haven't left, my set up is still valid and operational at my previous address, and being paid for too
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That is good to know!  In that case, the Forum Team should respond to your initial post within 24 hours and check if the mailbox is locked for security.  They have the power to enable it again.  You should try to change your password (I think you have done that?).

Can you also check that your email address is linked to your billing account - if you can sign in, that is.  It would show on the my profile page (scroll down to my services) or the manage accounts tab.  (see photos)

The moderators should merge all your posts soon, so that we have all the facts in one place.   Please do not start any more threads - it confuses things.

One final word of advice - don't rely on a residential ISP email service for your business. Especially VM email - it is poorly supported, doesn't offer good security, has no promise of working, poor spam filtering!  You should get an email address related to your business.  Best wishes.

https://www.simplybusiness.co.uk/knowledge/articles/2017/07/do-i-need-a-professional-email-address-g...

my services.pngnew account.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi pnbond007,

I'm sorry that you've been unable to access your online account and mailbox.

As Graham_A has suggested, if you have recently moved home, we would have to transfer your online account over to match with your new account number.

I'm going to pop you over a PM so I can look into this from there.

Kind regards,

Beth

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My Ipad has accessed my email a couple of times, but its not updating the inbox, or mostly timing out.

This is causing me and no doubt others significant problems, I hope someone can check this out for me, and urgently

Thanks for your response

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@pnbond007  Have you replied to the PM that Beth_G has sent you?  The sooner you do so the sooner staff can work out exactly what the issue is with your account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Done, thank you

0 Kudos