cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Locked out of e mail account

simonjen
Joining in

Hi I am in the same boat with my wifes blueyonder account but when i log in to Virgin media it simply states our mailbox is not available and there is no option other than going in a loop trying all the suggested help routes which just end back up at the virgin media login page. This email adress is perhaps 20 plus years old and is used for all sort of important things that my wife also manages for her elderly mother. Can someone please please help us with this issue we have been and raised issue with Virgin media but as soon as you say Blueyonder they lose interest very quickly and you can tell the 2 people i have spoken to have not got a clue what they are talking about. Please help

8 REPLIES 8

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello simonjen,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with the locked mail box.

Would you be able to try the following steps please and see if that helps get you access back.

For unlocking the mailbox, 

Reset the password through My Virgin Media account

Once logged in, go to Account Settings, click on 'Virgin Media Mail Settings.

Choose the option to change your password.

Then give it at least 15 minutes before checking the email account.

It might be best to log out and back in again.

Can you please let me know if that helps.

Gareth_L

VMUser1812
Fibre optic

I do think that the most important thing to ascertain here is this; are you (or your wife) a current VM broadband customer? If you are, then if you log into the my.virginmedia.com portal, and look at account settings, is the email address in question properly associated with the account?

If you are not a customer or if the email address has become disassociated, then I do fear that there is little or nothing that VM can or will do to assist here.

Naturally, if you are a paying customer, then, of course, you should expect help, the customer services staff “not having a clue what they are talking about” is, sort of a given for VM’s offshore support provision - but still!

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is the email linked to a live broadband account.  If not then while VM's staff may be able to attempt a temporary reprieve, it will only be temporary.  To be honest it shouldn't matter which of the domains it is, they all reside on the same email system.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Gareth,

Yes i have followed the procedure and reset the logon password for my virgin media account but still saying our mailbox is not available so can go no further. What do you suggest?

Yes we are a broadband customer but the email is not showing up as in when we click on mailbox it just states mailbox is not available. I can still retrieve my emails through outlook while my wife’s will not and no way of resetting. How do we make sure the email addresses are associated with the account?

How do we get them to retrieve the email when the only people who you can communicate with through the help or online chat dont seem to understand the issue. Is there someone else we can talk to or someone from Virgin on this forum who can help?

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Actually we do understand the issue, but there are questions that have to be gotten out of the way and tried before your issue can be escalated.  Now that you've come back with your answers the Forum Team will jump back on this thread and take the issue further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Simon 👋

Thanks for confirming those details. Just for clarification, you've mentioned the email being 20+ years old. During this period of time, many of your circumstances would have changed. Have you changed providers at all during this time?

You've mentioned you're unable to find any way to reset the account password - are you able to see the email address in your My Virgin Media account? If you can see the email address, have you tried to request an "App Password", to allow usage of the Outlook app?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ