Menu
Blueyeltz
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incoming emails not arriving

I have a similar problem. I have been advised by someone that e-mails they are sending to me are bouncing. They have used a different e-mail address to forward on to me the response they are getting ( a message full of letters, numbers, symbols!) and suggested I need to contact my e-mail service provider (I have a blueyonder address). I wanted to forward their e-mail on to Virgin/blueyonder as the letters, numbers symbols might mean something to them. However I couldn't find an e-mail address to do this. I'm not particularly comfortable with using a public forum to solve problems but it seems I have no option! 

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Whilst waiting for the forum team to respond and request the email via private message (2019-04-30.jpeg) consider posting a redacted version of the bounce message to see if the community can offer any help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Blueyeltz
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry - I don't really understand how this forum works. Should I expect a response from the forum team? Are they employees of Virgin Media or not?

All I've had from them was a welcome message and a couple more telling me what rank I have within the community which is a matter of supreme indifference to me!!

Having posted a reply on a thread that seemed to be a similar type of problem to mine, I then couldn't find where I had posted my message - I had to go back to basics and search through all threads that mentioned bouncing e-mails and then found your reply so apologies for the delay in responding.

I've attempted to post the bounce message below but I don't really know which bits to redact - I've taken out the e-mail addresses so hope that is good enough - hopefully this might mean something to somebody somewhere!

Thanks for your response

<XXXXX@blueyonder.co.uk>: connect to
mx.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net[212.54.56.11]:25: Connection timed out
Reporting-MTA: dns; server.registeryourappliance.uk
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: CF9C020EC7
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; XXXXXXXX
Arrival-Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 11:03:15 +0000 (GMT)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; XXXX@blueyonder.co.uk
Original-Recipient: rfc822;XXXXX@blueyonder.co.uk
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; connect to
mx.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net[212.54.56.11]:25: Connection timed out

Return-Path: <>
Received: from sender4.zoho.com (sender4.zoho.com [136.143.188.1])
    by server.registeryourappliance.uk (Postfix) with ESMTPSA id CF9C020EC7
    for <XXX@blueyonder.co.uk>; Wed, 23 Dec 2020 11:03:15 +0000 (GMT)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=XXXXXXk;
    s=default; t=1608721396;
    bh=qTG2oGM9icErNZWodL6lucOkBHU0e/KOxKY4mOjm7I4=;
    h=Received:From:To:Subject;
    b=hcbYeQjQG7LyDq7+6FggayuLNDVTUZ2TIQoiZEjK/KEcDW8FoB8WXscI6AE2OEZxk

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, Blueyeltz,

It may be that the email being sent for a particular domain is being blocked, in which case we'd have to check with our Internet Securities team if this was intentional. I'll send you a PM  to confirm your email as well as the sender's and the unredacted error.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Blueyeltz
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is there an update on this - I think you said that it was being referred to your internet securities team?
Thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Blueyeltz,

Thank you for coming back to us, I have chased this up today for you and we haven't had any update yet, we will look into this again in a few days.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos