Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hi, i need to-cancel my ntlworld email. Any ideas how.? cheers stuart

I'm having the same issue. At the very least I have moved most accounts from my ntlworld email address onto others. I was receiving emails just fine yesterday, but now I've been locked out. Apparently my email address and passwords don't match, though they should. I have had someone try to access my accounts attached to my email address for a whole month now, forcing me to switch to different emails, and migrating the accounts over to them. I don't care now if the email address is deleted, the accounts attached to them are either disused or can be easily changed to other addresses without actually using email.

the names gates... crill gates.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon crillgates,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been having E-Mail issues.

Have you been able to log into the self-care account at all? If so you will be able to make changes to any secondary E-Mail password via your account

If you've been having issues with the self-care account also, can you tell me if you've attempted to change the password or have gone through the forgotten password route as well as attempting in multiple browsers to log in and attempted to clear any cache on the browsers at all?

Kindest regards,

David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the response and the warm welcome!

Unfortunately, I have not been able to access anything email-related for a very long time (on Virgin's email website), having to rely on dedicated email clients to even access my email (Microsoft Outlook, Android's Email App etc.). Any attempts to recover the account information has been unsuccessful, including password resets- it always tells me that the username hasn't been found.

I didn't create the ntlworld account to begin with, it was my father who did, as such I have no clue what to do, nor have the information at hand to access anything. Is there a simple way of accessing the account through basic email address and past passwords to either reset it (I fear that the account might be used for illicit purposes) or be completely deleted?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Requesting deletion of old ntlworld email account

As previously mentioned on another board post, my email address was compromised, and I managed to recover my accounts tied to it, from it. I cannot recover the email address, and it's apparent that the best course of action is to simply have the account closed down, allowing no mail in or out. Can I request that happen to my old ntlworld email? I'm not a Virgin Media customer, but my father is, and it was him who created the account for me in the first place.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Requesting deletion of old ntlworld email account

As your father is still a virgin media customer if the email address concerned is still attached to his account, then he will be able to delete it via his My Virgin Media > My Profile > Manage accounts tab.

Otherwise, as the account owner, your father will need to be the one to request the address is deleted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have signed into his account in an attempt to find mine, but there's nothing there. Is there anything else that can be done, besides calling Virgin and wrestling with their support team there? There's a chance he could have created the account under another, older and now unsalvagable email address, before changing to his current one. Surely that would constitute an orphaned email address?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Rather than calling in I suggest you wait here for @David_Bn or one of his colleagues to get back to this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi crillgates,

Thank you for coming back to us, we would be more than happy to assist with this however as you have advised the account is in your Fathers name and the email is in your name we would need to speak to both of you, this cannot be done here, I would advise talking to our faults team when you are with your Father.

Regards

Paul.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply, I will organise a time my father and I are able to talk sometime tomorrow. It's a bit of a complex situation because my father decided to change providers, but changed back to Virgin under another username, this probably rendered my email address and his old one orphaned, though we still could both use ours normally, until two days ago where I had become locked out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

That's great crillgates.

When your father and you call in together I'm sure that your issue can be resolved. Especially if you're both happy to remove any newly created email addresses as the primary email address?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos