Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hacked NTLworld email account

Hi,

Exactly the same thing has happened to me in the last week. 

I had to leave Virgin Media when we moved house last April. I was using a ntlworld account which I was told would be closed down after 90 days. It is still alive today, although only monitored, and I can send and receive emails but cannot access Virgin Media on line to change password or delete account. Virgin Media customer services told me today that they could not help me as I am no longer a customer. 

I can see that spam messages have been sent from the account as some have been returned and also the hacker has got hold of authentication codes sent from other apps which, unknowingly, still had ntlworld as my contact email e.g. Apple ID.

Your help would be very much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Welcome to our Community forums and for your first post @Causl1g

Sorry to understand that you have had an issue with an old email account. Usually these would cease after 90 days; however, if you are still accessing and sending emails, this would show as being active and as such may not be fully disconnected as it should. 

I'll pop you a Private Message to take some information from you and we can get this logged to be removed and deleted for you. Please look out for a Purple Envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

Thanks so much for your swift response.

Being new here, I have looked for your PM but can't find it? Not sure if you have sent it yet?

Many thanks

Graham

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

My apologies @Causl1g - I forgot to press send on my PM!

It should be with you now!

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Look at the top right hand corner of this page, same on a mobile device.  If you have a message the purple envelope icon will show a number in the orange bubble above the envelope icon.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

i'd like to thank you publically on this forum for completely resolving my problem within 48hours. 

If only I had found you earlier!!

An excellent community forum - thanks everyone.

Graham

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the feedback Graham

I've sent this to her now.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos