cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HELP - Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

ShazllGall
Joining in

I’m having the same issue all of a sudden. 
Can somebody assist in rectifying?

many thanks

sharon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for joining me in a private chat @ShazllGall.

I am glad we managed to resolve this for you 🙂 Have a lovely day, if you need anything else you know where to find us 🙂

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @ShazllGall

Welcome! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see that you are having issues with your Email.

Do you currently have an active broadband account with us? With this email registered on there?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes xx

Thanks for confirming ShazllGall,

Are you able to try and reset the password yourself?

Alex_Rm

Thanks. I’ve tried all solutions noted on here and not helped as of yet.

sharon

Do you need me to confirm the email addresses? If so, where?

sharon

I'm having the same problem. I changed my password but it hasn't worked.

My email started working again soon after I posted above, but I received an email from VM this morning to say my account had been locked because of suspicious activity. I've recently been sending out about 80 emails a day to people I know. Is that the activity that caused the issue, VM? Please let me know, because I still have another 400 emails to send in the next week or so.

BillC45
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@tomgraybooks 

Can you confirm that you have read the Terms and Conditions governing the use of the Virgin Media email service which you can find here -

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/acceptable-use-policy

Particularly -

5.2. Specific prohibited acts in relation to Virgin Media’s systems, services and equipment are:

5.2.4. trade or business use of our services, except for remote access to your employer’s corporate network (and remember in any case that we are not liable for any loss occurring as a result of such use), unless you subscribe to a a product that is specifically stated as a business product. If you are a residential customer and you wish to use our services for trade or business use, go to https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/ for more information.

VM will not disclose the rules it uses to identify “Suspicious Activity” but I suggest that sending out hundreds of unsolicited emails in a relatively short period of time will trigger one or more automatic checks on traffic volumes and content from a single source.

I suppose you could try claiming to have many hundreds of friends and relations.

Thanks for that.

These weren't unsolicited emails, though. These were all people who have emailed me in the past.

For the VM team reading this, If I were to subscribe to a business account, would I be able to send more than 100 emails a day?