cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Email Locked

JAHW
Joining in

How can I get someone from Virgin to contact me to unlock my email?

8 REPLIES 8

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JAHW wrote:

How can I get someone from Virgin to contact me to unlock my email?

Have you already followed the advice here? https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... 

In many cases that's all it takes although there are others where VM do need to unlock it for you.😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @JAHW,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post!

Sorry to hear you're mailbox is locked. I can see @coenoby has kindly provided the link to the thread which details what to do in this situation.

Has that helped at all?

If you've still not been able to access your email account, please give me a shout and I can invite you to PM to help further 🙂

Cheers

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

After hours my wife managed to get my email account unlocked.  Now she has the same problem.

The link you gave below didn't help, unfortunately.

We are seriously considering leaving VirginMedia for an alternative provider.

After hours my wife managed to get my email account unlocked. Now she has the same problem.

The link you gave below didn't help, unfortunately.

Thanks for trying to help but it didn't work.

My wife's account has now been locked.

Please would someone contact us immediately - trust pilot review reporting appalling service about to go online...

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JAHW wrote:

Whether you leave VM or not I would strongly suggest that the best step you could take would be to move over to using an email service from a dedicated email provider who is not linked to any internet service provider.  There are lots to choose from, see here for some ideas https://www.lifewire.com/best-free-email-accounts 

VM's email service is a very basic product offered as freebie for their customers if they who want to use it.  All the email services mentioned in the link offer more security, better support and are just generally more reliable than VM.

In truth, email is not high on VM's priorities and your own experience shows that. In my view, sticking with VM email simply because it is "free" is a bad mistake.  😉

Of curse if you do leave VM you will lose your VM email accounts after 90 days anyway as is set out in their terms and conditions, so all the more reason for setting up a new email account now.

For the record, I practise what I preach.  I have been with VM and it's predecessors for many years and I am very happy with their broadband and TV service but I have never used their email as my main email account.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello JAHW

Really sorry to hear of the email access issues experienced by yourself and your wife, we appreciate you raising this via the forums 

I'm going to send you a Private Message to get this looked into for you both.

Rob