cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Email Account is still locked

jimshaw
Tuning in

How to I speak to a human being to get my email account unlocked. I can not access my e-mail despite changing password (it says forbidden) and when I try to access my Virgin Account it says "Sorry you are leaving"

11 REPLIES 11

Vinegar
Up to speed

Are you actually leaving, ie cancelled your VM broadband subscription?

Nope. But this might tip the balance, lol. I have had to re-register with a different e-mail provider in order to keep up to date. It appears others are having similar problems with 'inherited' accounts, e.g. Blueyonder, ntlworld. I  have tried the password reset four more times, (which necessitated my creating a new email account with another provider, (in order for Virgin to send me a passcode and I now have to use this new e-mail to access my account details. After a four hour WhatsApp chat today, (7 hours if you include yesterday), support have raised a ticket, but I see another user did this 4 days ago and is still waiting. I just need to access my e-mail once to set up a forwarding address to this new e-mail account as a work around until resolved.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey jimshaw, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear this.

If you are moving addresses you would need to set an new account if you wanted to use the same email we would have to raise a move and transfer for you which could take up to 5 working days.

However I can see  you've set an account with with a new email is everything working now? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

jimshaw2
Tuning in

NO!!! . I have no access to my Blueyonder e-mail!!!  The passwod changes did nothing to solve access. It either refuses the new password or says, "FORBIDDEN", like the others that are posting. I think it is LOCKED and needs someone to unlock it??  If VIRGIN can not grant access to a user to their e-mail account, could they at least put a FORWARD on to my new third party e-mail account which does work?????

iadom
Dialled in

Having similar problems myself. My wife’s ntl email account was locked a couple of months ago and I was able to reset her password after a bit of faffing around. Last night my own ntl email account was locked. Since then I have been trying for several hours to get it sorted to no avail. Got as far as having to give them a third party email address to allow me to reset my password. The first time I tried this morning I did get a verification email to my gmail account. I followed the on screen prompts but before the end the page froze and just hung there for a long time until I eventually shut it down. I then re tried and was informed the verification link had expired and I should re submit. I have now done this on at least six occasions in the last four hours using my PC, iPad and phone. I enter my gmail address twice, click SAVE and then zilch, nothing no verification emails have come through to my gmail account. Getting really annoyed and frustrated now with this hopeless system.

jimshaw2
Tuning in

Nope. Apparently to improve security rather than directly access e-mail domains inherited by Virgin, e.g. Blueyonder, they put on an extra layer of security where you have to sign in to your Virgin Media Account first.  If you then go to Blueyonder email on the page that now displays, you are prompted to enter your Blueyonder Password to access your email, but this is an error. If you try this, you won't get in. You have to go to the other option, "My email" instead, and this lets you in to email with no need to enter your email password. So much for an extra layer of security. This change also stops access on other devices, and you have to get a system generated apps password and put that on your devices.  So now two different passwords can give you access instead of the previous one. Pity they did not test their ideas or even tell everyone they were making this inane and backward change. Timer on to support???? 21 hours!! (Appears the nine people I spoke to did not know about the change either.)

Hi jimshaw2,

I've reached out to you via private message. I'll be able to look into this further with you from there.

Thanks,

Beth

PM? Where? (BTW, I have now resolved the issue as per above. Virgin 'changed' the system, forgot to update access links correctly, failed to test and forgot to tell customers, forgot to tell support, (whom you can not access easily) and have the audacity to say the earlier lack of access to emails that lasted several days, (weeks if you count second occurrence), "only lasted a day, and users had access to all e-mail facilities and historical e-mails within one day"!  What???

Glad to hear that this has since been resolved for you @jimshaw2 

My apologies for any inconvenience caused by this. 

If needed in the future, you can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley