cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Email Account is still locked

vbongo65
Tuning in

I have been locked out of my account also.. Have tried following the steps, created new email address and verified it, changed password ... done, but when I try to go through the step 2 as directed through Virgin I get the following message " we couldn't verify your identity" failed to create user in pingone

and then back to the previous page over and over!

9 REPLIES 9

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @vbongo65 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

We're not allowing new email addresses so this will be the issue you're having.

I will send you a PM to help you with the system though.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi this is not a new email address, I have had this email address ( my main account email) for the last 4 years at least, so that is not the reason. Thanks

What email address are you having issues with please? Bear in mind any new emails we don't allow so if it's one created recently, this won't work.

John

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

The email address was [REMOVED]@virginmedia.com but the unlocking process made me change this to [REMOVED]@gmail.com for some strange reason, I do not like this as this is my main email for the account.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@vbongo65   This help page explains the reason behind being asked to change your account username:

Change my Virgin Media email address | Virgin Media Help

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

vbongo65
Tuning in

none of this works because the instructions made me change my email address, so now PingOne does not recognise me so everything leads to the " we cannot verify your identity" failed to verify in PingOne... This is the problem

I'm not sure what PingOne is sorry?

Can you do what I've suggested via Webmail.

John

John_GS
Forum Team

vbongo65
Tuning in

PingOne is how your company verify's identities, email addresses etc.. your company puts all their customers in the Ping Identities database, If you dont know what error messages your site is showing and what they mean, then I am unfortunately chatting to the wrong admin. I cannot show a picture of the message it throws up as this site does not allow HTML content. But it shows a sad face and that message.

Hi @vbongo65 

Thank you for letting us know. I can see you are currently in PMs with my colleague. Please remain in contact there as they will do their best to help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs