Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot send emails

I have an ntlworld account and can no longer send emails using Outlook/Thunderbird/samsung email client. I am using smtp.virginmedia.com port 465 ssl/tls and have username set to my email address and have double checked password (I have even tried changing it). However, I continue to be prompted for my email password, when sending on all devices whether connected to WiFi or mobile network. Incoming emails are unaffected. Can anyone help? My email is an @ntlworld.com account and I can no longer use my @virginmedia.com account as this mailbox appears to have been shut down

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

When the issue next happens consider trying the following troubleshooting:

Should you only be listed in the PBL then can you confirm you are able to sign into webmail?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

You were spot on. I was indeed listed on spamhaus. I did manage to sort this myself in the end, but thanks for your reply.

It turns out it was a dodgy android app, that I have now unistalled. 

Supehub is now back in modem mode as it doesn't support port blocking and I have set a block port25 rule on my r7000

0 Kudos