Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot send emails

Hi there I have not been able to send emails for the past 3 weeks and every time we call we get it is a known fault and it will be fixed within 24-48 hours, on one call we where told there was also a fault with our broadband, they did a reset of our router and now we have no wifi at home either.

The webmail works occasionally and my email address will not send from webmail at all, I get an error message that says wrong or missing login data to access email!!

we have changed passwords and deleted email accounts I am at the end of my tether with this issue and when I complained I was told to cancel and put through to cancellations who where just a useless!!

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Please do not append your pots to other threads which, in fact, have nothing to do with your problem. The thread you appended to was caused by a very specific fault with VM's servers and the symptoms you describe are clearly quite different. I have separated out your post to start a new thread. We'll see what other members of the Community say in response to your issue.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have also tried the deleting of accounts and setting them up again on iPhone and imac and my husband cannot get it working on his phone either, email coming in, I have also change the password but nothing is working, told it is a fault but resolution never happens, I have gone and set up other email accounts but it is imbedded in so many places after an issue with BT mail!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Read this guidance on what can happen and what can go wrong when deleting and recreating addresses on Apple devices. It also shows how to avoid those issues.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ipad-Iphone-SMTP-why-deleting-and-recreating-an-account-D...

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos