Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 41 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot Send Emails From Blueyonder Account!

Thanks for letting me know Gareth.

Fingers crossed for a speedy resolution, as I’m self employed and I’m often out and about sorting work out so being able to email people easily is quite useful.

hooefully speak soon

regards

Tamzine

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 42 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Hello YamYam

Hope you well 

Just to let you know I have had a report back from our IT Team to say everything should be okay now with you sending emails again 

Can you please try now and let me know if you are still having the same issues 

Look forward to your reply 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 43 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Hello Gareth

unfortunately it seems as if the problem still exists. I am at my workshop until this evening so I only have my iPhone 8 on 4g with me but that, will not send emails despite having the latest virgin media smtp setting on it. 

I have just tried to send myself an email and it just tells me either my username or password is incorrect and directs me to my settings. Which are as VM suggest. This is nothing new I haven’t been able to send emails reliably from any device outside of my home for a couple of years now.

sorry for the less than ideal news

regards

Tamzine

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 44 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Hello Gareth

Just in case anyone in IT asks you, I can send emails just fine from my iPhone from my primary  blueyonder email address. So it’s not a device settings thing at my end. I have just tested it. 

Essentially nothing has changed, it’s still not fixed.

regards

Tamzine

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 45 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Hi YamYam

Thanks for explaining and trying 

Sorry this has not fixed the issue

I'm going to go back and look into this in a bit more detail

Appreciate your patience

Gareth_L

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 46 of 61
Flag for a moderator

@YamYam 

This is to take nothing away from @Gareth_L who has clearly been working his socks off for you and is continuing to do so.  But I recall a long while ago we dealt with an issue where sending from a home wifi internet connection was fine but sending outside the home wasn't. Sending from home used the VM internet service but sending away from home didn't and that was key to understanding what was going on. Guess what I am going to ask you?  What network are you using to send when away from home. Is it wifi or is it 3G/4G and if the latter whose mobile phone network.  Does youn primary address work OK outside the home. This may all come to nothing but while Gareth_L is beavering away for us it would handy to have this information to hand  - just in case it is relevant.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 47 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Ah Howard! 

All easy questions today. Yes I can send and receive quite happily with my primary email address from any email client on any device regardless of me being connected to 4g/3G or anybody else’s WiFi. I have tested it today and it’s fine.

It is only my secondary email account that I cannot send from, regardless of internet connection or email client or device. Oh and my mobile network is EE although I suspect that is a moot point.

Quite the knotty problem it seems!

anyway thanks for still being out there!

cheers!

T

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 48 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Are you able to try setting up one of the secondary accounts in Thunderbird and use the SMTP logging we tried on the primary?

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 49 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately not at the moment as I’m at my workshop with only an iPhone. However I will be able to do a test when I get home tonight using my phone as a hotspot.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 50 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Hello Tim, Gareth & Howard

My Problem email account is a secondary email account and that is the one I posted the line from the log file from originally.

I have never had a problem with my primary account, that works on whatever wherever. Tragically for reasons that are too boring to go into I have never really used that account and have used my secondary email account as my main email account for the last decade or so.

So to cut to the chase, I am back home and I have just tried to send an email from my problem (secondary) email account from my desktop PC connected to my virgin media wifi.

Unsurprisingly it does not  send, the problem, contrary to the IT dept's report to Gareth is not sorted.

Here is the magic line from the smtp log file I just ran

[24568:Main Thread]: I/SMTP SMTP Response: 525 5.7.13 Authentication Denied (VM304)

which shows the same error codes as before.

I have just fired up my laptop and will try to create another thunderbird smtp log file but I shall use my iphone on 4g as my wifi hot spot.

Let's see what that does.

I will be back with that result in a moment.

0 Kudos