cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot Change my Secondary Email Password

awr1946
Dialled in

My wife has transferred all her info from her iPad to her iPhone but can’t access her @ntlworld.com mail on the iPhone - it asks for a password but we don't  know what this is and can’t identify it from the passwords on her iPad.

I’ve searched and searched on Google but can’t find a solution except for a main account which I’m the holder.

4 REPLIES 4

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @awr1946 

Thank you for posting and welcome back to the forums.

I'm so sorry to hear you are facing this issue, to clarify is this email attached to a current and active broadband account with us? 

If so are is your wife the named account holder or is this yourself? 

Hi Ashleigh_C

My wife’s email is attached to our current broadband account with you, her emails are fine on her iPad.  She’s transferred her info from the iPad to her iPhone, everything’s ok apart from the mail doesn’t work. Didn’t have this problem when she upgraded her iPad a few years back, the mail worked fine.

I’m the account holder

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@awr1946 Your wife will need to generate an app password to use with the new email client.  She can do this through the My Virgin Media account for her Ntlworld email address, note that this is different to your My Virgin Media account as each email address including secondary ones now have their own account.

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @awr1946 

Thanks for coming back to us.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill