Menu
spiritdawnwolf
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blue yonder emails

I'm having the same problem. I only access my emails direct from the VM site, I don't use an email client.

I've tried logging in and it doesn't recognise username/password even though they are correct.

So I go to login to My VirginMedia and still doesn't recognise me.

I've tried to reset password and get username reminder, and it tells me the billing details I've filled in are not recognised/correct. They are the correct ones from the welcome letter I got many years ago.

I've cleared cookies and cache, and still not recognising. 

I am still a customer and its a blueyonder email address so I even tried changing the username to an @virginmedia email address but that did not work, though I wasn't really expecting it to.

I need access to my emails because I've sent a password reset from another site to it, and I'm locked out of that site until I update the password.

Can any kind VM employee please help?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
spiritdawnwolf
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blueyonder emails

The VM website is not recognising my email address, so when I go to find username and put in the surname, acc number and area code, the site states : Unable To Find Your Username.

So I'm not able to get anything reset to be able to access it. It's the primary email address, the one allocated to us when we first got Telewest (yes, that long ago! Lol)

Please can anyone suggest anything? I need to get into my gas suppliers website to give a reading, but they have sent a password reset to my blueyonder address which is why I'm hoping to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

have you ever had a break in services or have you had the same service contract since the address was setup in the telewest days
0 Kudos
spiritdawnwolf
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Never had a break, always been with Virgin since its telewest and blueyonder days.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Last question before we wait for VM staff to get to the post.

Have you been activally checking (logging into) the email since it was created. Or has it been idle. If its not accessed for 180 days ( i think) it can be deleted
0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Morning @spiritdawnwolf

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here, 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your emails but we will do our best to help. 

May sound like such an obvious question, but have you tried different web browsers and devices to see if this helps? Does it still come up with the same error message? 

Have you tried logging in to your online Virgin media account at all via your account number, I appreciate it's your emails you are having some issues with, but just want to see if there are any issues with logging into your account in general. 

Please do let me know so we can look into this further. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
spiritdawnwolf
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hiya,

Thanks for helping. On the computer I've used Chrome, Firefox and even the old Explorer that I barely use. I have a Samsung mobile and also tried using that built in browser. All with the same problem of not recognised and not able to reset.

I've tried logging into My Virginmedia as if to view bills, service updates, etc, and again it comes up with didn't recognise the email address or password, neither of which I can reset.

My email is an example of ab123c4567@blueyonder.co.uk if that helps.

0 Kudos
spiritdawnwolf
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Also if it helps, as someone mentioned earlier, I think it may have become dormant because we don't use the email often, and I can't recall last time we logged into it. It possibly has been longer than 180 days because that may be last time we updated the Gas account and it sent verification email to the blueyonder address.

If this is the case and it is deactivated,  then is it possible to temporarily activate it so that we can get verification emails sent to VM while we change all logins for different online accounts to a hotmail email address?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

once a email address has been deleted the system will not allow it to be created again. Not even on the same account. Hopefully its not been deleted. Only VM can check that for sure
0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, 

If you could do me a favour and delete the post with your email in it, that would be fab as it does contain sensitive information. 

But I will pop you over a PM so I can look at your account further 🙂 

At the top right hand corner of your screen you should see a purple envelope, if you click on that, it will take you to PM's. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos