Menu
SallyAB
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 552 5.7.0 SPAM Content Found (VM603)

I send out regular emails to a Support Group, this evening I tried to send some attachments (which contained lots of links) provided by the NHS and the Government, to the group - I got the following: 552 5.7.0 SPAM Content Found (VM603) Ycb8jQBkv8DEkYcb8jxn1v.
I tried removing the one link in the actual email text, but this did not help.

This is really not acceptable.

BTW I use Thunderbird for my email, I avoid using webmail, i could not possibly send group emails via the web.

I do hope you can help ASAP - my group are awaiting guidance on how to cope during Covid-19 Lockdown.

Many Thanks

Sally

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Frequent updates to the matching data used by spam filters is likely to be responsible for this and will hopefully clear itself in 6, 12, or 24 hours. Should the problem persist then you will need to wait for a forum team member to correlate the unique reference shown in the Spam Content error message with the email team to determine the exact cause; be aware it may take the forum team a few hours / days to work through to your post.

Alternately identifying the cause yourself may allow a temporary workaround to be found. To do this in Thunderbird:

1. setup the problem email and put your own email address in the To field
      2. highlight half of the email content and Cut (Ctrl + X)
      3. select Send
      4. if the send:
        succeeds, repeat step 1 but replace message content, press Ctrl + A to select All and then  Ctrl + V to paste
        fails, with a Spam Content error then repeat step 2

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
SallyAB
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thank you - actually it sent fine the next day!

Many Thanks

Sally

0 Kudos