My main email address ends in blueyonder.co.uk and has worked fine for donkey's years. I recently discovered that emails from a particular sender (ancestry.com) had stopped coming through. Nothing got caught in Spam and Ancestry support claimed that their system confirmed that the emails were being sent and no bounce messages were being received.
I changed my contact email on that website to one ending in googlemail.com and emails began to arrive again. I remembered that I should have also been getting weekly update emails from MoneySavingExpert.com and hadn't seen any for ages, so I changed the contact email address in that account to googlemail.com as well and the weekly updates now arrive.
Yesterday I went to create a user account with LG and supplied my blueyonder.co.uk address. They said a 'confirm your email address' email had been sent but again, nothing arrived. I requested a resend but still no joy. I then changed the contact email to my googlemail.com address and the confirmation email popped up immediately.
In general, my blueyonder.co.uk address works fine so I'm puzzled why selected emails just don't arrive. I'd rather not change my main email address to anything else because I've used it all over the place in umpteen online accounts. Updating all those details would be a nightmare.
Has anyone experienced this kind of issue with their blueyonder (or other) email address before?
Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. If you need to update the thread then just reply to your original thread rather than creating a new one. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.
Have a look at Chris's reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place.
I wasn't sure the update to my original post would get a reply as I made the mistake of marking one response as 'Helpful' and the system appears to have taken that as the issue being 'Solved' - which it isn't.
Also, I was told in that thread back in October that the information would be fed through to the Technical Team and I'd get a response in due course - which I didn't. So, I wasn't sure if that thread was still alive, hence the new post.
Apologies for the confusion caused - I'm just trying to resolve it as best as I can because I can't have my main email account behaving like this.