Menu
SDC
Super solver
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

RES2BUS and email account closure

Long time no see!

We've started the RES2BUS process so we'll be losing our VM email accounts. The business team say that they'll handle the switch, but we all know how unreliable the email account deletion process can be.

Can I be confident that our VM email accounts will be properly closed or will I end up here again asking for the Forum Team to deliver coups de grâce?

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
Lurking....
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: RES2BUS and email account closure

Hello

Normally the emails will be removed 90 days after your residential account is closed, sometimes they hang on longer as being missed in the purge, if that happens then I am afraid you will need to contact VM back again but you can post back in this thread and a VM staff member will assist getting them deleted.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

SDC
Super solver
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's just like old times, then. Situation Normal...

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
Lurking....
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
BillC45
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Building up a (new?) business during a pandemic is a brave move. Best wishes to you.

0 Kudos
SDC
Super solver
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@BillC45 wrote:

Building up a (new?) business during a pandemic is a brave move. Best wishes to you.

Thanks, but we're not starting a business. My better-half is working from home on a long-term basis and she needs a service with a half-decent SLA and a stable connection to her employer's servers. We talked it through with the VM Business peeps and they are OK with residential customers moving to the Dark Side during these dark times. And if we ever do start a business when this pestilence is over, we'll be sorted for BB.

We've ditched the TV package that nobody was using, we get to keep the VM landline number and keep it on a proper landline rather than have a back-of-the-router phone. There's free installation, a 24 month contract with the first 3 months free, better up/down speeds and a better phone package. All that and it's way cheaper than we were paying for the residential service. No VM email service but I won't miss that one jot.

Oh, and word has it that her employer may pick up part of the tab, as the office where she was based is unlikely to reopen.

Lurking....
0 Kudos
SDC
Super solver
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The RES2BUS transfer is complete, so now it's time to get my redundant VM residential email accounts properly terminated.

If someone could get one of the Forum Team to chip in and PM me for the usual verification details, I'd be much obliged.

Thanks.

Lurking....
0 Kudos
SDC
Super solver
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I don't want to be pushy and I appreciate that VM's to-do list grows ever longer and the list of doers probably gets shorter every day, but if I could get this email account deletion matter sorted (or at least started) before I go back into the clutches of the NHS, I'd appreciate it. TIA.

Lurking....
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi SDC, 

Very sorry for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

Do you still need assistance with closing the email account? 

If so please reply to the message I'm sending now. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
SDC
Super solver
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Are we there yet?

Not heard anything since a pm conversation on Dec 29th.

Lurking....
0 Kudos