Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Quota 100%. Was ok yesterday morning!

Hello, my email account suddenly stopped working yesterday evening. I had plenty of storage space but now out of the blue it says the quota is at 100%. I don’t understand why this has happened and am looking for a workaround to access my incoming emails. 

I currently can’t receive or send emails which is awful timing as, alongside all the normal messages, I'm also managing things for an elderly person I'm supporting during the pandemic. 

I’ve tried to work around the problem but the holiday out of office message isn’t working meaning people can’t be given an alternative means to contact me. 
The auto-forward isn’t working either. 
Deleting emails is time consuming and requires an audit of what is essential to keep/delete. I just don’t have any more time right now.  I did spend an hour or so deleting hundreds of old newsletters that were easy to find but it hasn't made any difference - the quota is firmly stuck at 100%. 

This is terrible timing for Virgin Media to reduce their services! 

I rang customer service but they didn't know anything about the issue and all they could suggest was deleting emails. They said that emails aren't a core service and beyond things like password resets, they don't really offer email support as it's from a 3rd party! 

Can anyone suggest anything else I can try please? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quota 100%. Was ok yesterday morning!

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums!

Can you please try transferring or even deleting some of the E-Mails so the capacity of the stored E-Mails in the inbox are below 25GB? Then see if you can both send and receive E-Mails..

Thank you

David_Bn

0 Kudos